Top 5 Best Canister Vacuum Cleaner | 2018 Reviews
Are you looking for the best canister vacuum for your home? Yes, buying a good quality vacuum is not easy if you don't have decent knowledge about current market. For why, we have conducted research and write this buying guide to make your purchase a worthy investment.
Canister vacuums take all the time and physical effort out of cleaning your entire home. You can suck up debris from the carpet, furniture and any hard-to-reach places without breaking a sweat. Pets, small kids and messy husbands all turn cleaning into a potential nightmare.
Too much choice can be a bad thing. When it comes to shopping for the best canister vacuums, the sheer volume of products can be overwhelming..
Let’s dive into the details:
Top 5 Best Canister Vacuums Comparison Chart
1 x 1 x 1 inches
Hoover C2401 Vac Pro Backpack
13.2 x 13.2 x 30 inches
Miele C1 Pure Suction Vacuum
16.9 x 9.8 x 9.1 inches
24.8 x 16.2 x 17.5 inches
Soniclean Galaxy 1150
19 x 12 x 8.8
Best Canister Vacuum Cleaners Reviews
We have researched and reviewed the best canister vacuum cleaner 2017 available in the market. You have tried to compile an in-depth review guide for you.
Dyson DC39 Canister
Why you should buy it: It’s versatile, powerful, reasonably priced, and produces best performance in its class.
Who's it for: Who want to make sure that there place is cleaned without breaking their bank.
Why we picked the Dyson DC39: The Dyson DC39 Multifloor comes with an impressive collection of Radial Root Cyclone Technology, Dyson Ball Technology. All this inner tech teams up to give you a device that not only stages a remarkable performance but is also incredibly easy to use.
Dyson Ball Technology, in particular, makes this cleaning device entirely easy to move around. This is unlike the other vacuums that move forward/backward at slight angles due to their wheels. As for Dyson, it uses a ball to steer, allowing you to move in the direction of your choice.
Keep in mind that the ball is gently on your floor/carpet and will not cause any damages when moving around. Don’t let the heavy weight of this top rated dustbuster; you can maneuver it around your furniture with ease.
The Radial Root Cyclone technology helps boost the suction of this excellent machine. The interior of Dyson DC39 has been specially designed to minimize turbulence and make the airflow stronger (thus high suction). That is, it makes the machine self-adjusting- meaning it can excellently cope with different floors.
The fact that this device is bagless means it’s super easy as well as hygienic to empty. Good news- it features HEPA filters that help minimize the spread of allergens in your house and often regarded as the best HEPA canister vacuum. This keeps the health of you and your entire family in check.
The not so good
The Dyson DC39 has been engineered for high dust removal. No other vacuum expels cleaner air.
The Dyson DC39 vacuum harnesses the latest vacuum cleaning technology to give you one truly efficient machine that handles any tasks you throw at it fuss-free, all at incredibly low prices. So, you can’t really go wrong with this best Dyson Canister Vacuum.
BEST FOR SIMPLICITY
Miele Compact C1
Why you should buy it: With an excellent suction power, great design, and top vacuuming quality, this is the best Miele Canister vacuum cleaner to beat.
Who's it for: Those willing to pay a little extra for the best.
Why we picked the Miele C1: The Miele C1 Pure Suction vacuum is an incredibly lightweight and compact cleaning device, suitable for cleaning hard floors as well as low pile carpets. Finished in dazzling white, the Miele will appeal to all homeowners with an eye for style.
The Classic FiberTeQ floor tool that accompanies this package is perfect for cleaning hard floors, rugs, and low-pile carpeting. The tool lets you transition from carpet to smooth flooring with just a flip of the ergonomic toggle switch. The C1 also comes with a telescopic stainless steel wand.
The long electric cord has automatic rewind to offer you a bigger cleaning radius. This lets you reach every corner of your house, from floor to ceiling.
With a robust motor system that delivers great suction as well as a precise adjustment (regardless of the surface you’re cleaning), you’ll enjoy quite remarkable performance from the C1. It uses Miele’s AirClean filtration system that captures and retains more than 99.9% of allergens in your home. The Miele C1 canister vacuum was also voted best for quality and durability in Home Vacuum Zone’s Canister Vacuum Reviews.
The not so good
It comes with specified rug and floor combination nozzle to clean all your low pile carpeting and hard floors.
Miele C1 pure suction vacuum is the best canister vacuum for hardwood floors and low pile carpets. Transitioning from one surface to another is super easy because of the ergonomically situated toggle switch.
BEST BUDGET FRIENDLY
Soniclean Galaxy 1150 Canister Vacuum
Why you should buy it: The Soniclean 1150 is probably the best-looking device on this list.
Who's it for: Those who want high quality and serious durability on a budget.
Why we picked the Soniclean 1150: Soniclean Galaxy 1150 Canister Vacuum Cleaner is a lightweight option for cleaning hard surfaces, mats or short pile carpets alike. It weighs around 12 pounds, making it incredibly easy to move around the house. It comes with an eye-grabbing design with graphic color.
The 1150W variable speed motor is capable of delivering professional-grade suction and power. The fact that the speed of the motor is variable makes it easy for you to reduce the suction power when cleaning lightweight mats or throw rugs.
A Turbo carpet nozzle add-on helps you clean your low and medium pile carpets efficiently. The device also incorporates the super-efficient HEPA filtration system that eliminates all the lung-busting micro particles in your home.
It’s so quiet that you can clean your house without disturbing anyone in the surrounding area.
The not so good
The hose of the vacuum has 360º rotational feature which makes the cleaning a lot more easier task.
Soniclean Galaxy 1150 Canister vacuum’s powerful 1150W motor gives you a great deal of suction power that makes cleaning hardwood floors and carpeted floors a walk in the park. With its noiseless operation and 5-year manufacturer warranty, your house can benefit from a deep clean with no concerns. So, if you are after tile floors vacuum reviews, this is the best cleaner to buy. Read our full review
Things to Know Before Buying a Canister Vacuum:
The vacuum cleaner market is saturated with all kinds of devices. It can be rather confusing to select the best canister vacuums under $200, particularly if you’re not familiar with these machines.
So, allow me to walk you through our step-by-step guide on how to find the best commercial canister vacuum cleaner for your cleaning needs…
- Budget: Why is price important? Well, it will expose something to you about the product you’re planning to buy. Generally, the more expensive a vacuum is, the more efficient it will be.
But don’t let this rule cloud your judgment. Instead, set a reasonable budget for your canister vacuum and stick to it. This helps you obtain the best vacuum canister for your money without a financial headache. Also, keep in mind that energy efficient models might command higher price tags but they’ll save you a great deal of money in the long haul..
Different Types of Vacuum Cleaner for Your Need
There are many varieties of portable vacuum cleaners on the market today. We have compiled a list of the top six vacuum cleaner categories along with a breakdown of their basic features.
- Upright Cleaners: As the name suggests, these vacuums have an upright design. They are the suction upright vacuums but this is directly dependent on the motor they’re using. Most homeowners prefer this style of vacuum to clean their homes. But, given their massive weight, many choose to switch to a lighter model when cleaning carpets, vehicles or upholstery.
- Cylinder Cleaners: The model differs from the upright cleaner in several aspects. The body sits horizontally and has a hose attached to the head. This means you’ll have to bend over whenever you’re using the device. Their compact, lightweight design makes them the best vacuum for stairs. They come with powerful motors that can tackle even the dirtiest jobs. You can use them to clean hardwood surfaces, rugs, tiles, and carpets.
- Handheld Cleaners: These are cleaners that you can hold in your hands. Most of them don’t come with extra cleaning tools. However, some feature built-in extension as well as upholstery tool. They’re effective at cleaning up quick spills as well as messes.
- Robotic Cleaners: Robot vacuums are becoming more and more popular. These incredibly smart machines are capable of tackling all types of floors. They boast superb functionality but you’ll need to dig a bit deeper into your pocket to buy one.
- Wet and Dry Cleaners: A regular vacuum cleaner is often not able to effectively remove ingrained dirt. This is where a wet/dry vacuum comes in handy. The motor and fan in these cleaners are tucked inside.The motor kicks in and,creates low pressure inside the vacuum cleaner. This is what allows the cleaner to get rid of those thick, stubborn stains quickly.
Other specialist vacuum cleaners available include hard floor cleaners and carpet washers.
- Home or Commercial Cleaning: The first thing you should consider is your setting. If you plan to use your new vacuum in a residential capacity, you can go for a slightly smaller, less powerful machine. However, if your home has lots of stairs, you’ll need a different vacuum. According to Mila Kunst, as for a vacuum for commercial use, whether it’s an office, shop or storefront, they’re completely different. Because bigger messes are likely to occur in these environments, you’ll be better off with a much more powerful vacuum intended for deep cleaning.
- Carpet: Carpets are often the trickiest to clean because dust, dirt and other messes often sneak deep into the fabric making it hard to remove them. This is even worse if you've got a thick carpet. So, if you’re looking for a best cheap canister vacuum for carpet, opt for a vacuum specially designed for that purpose.
What if you’re cleaning large carpeted areas? Well, in that case, look for a good quality corded or cordless upright cleaner. Handheld models can be highly inconvenient and time consuming with carpeted surfaces.
A cleaner with exceptional carpet cleaning features such as a rotating brush that will dig deep into the carpet and remove the hidden dirt is ideal for carpeted floors
- Hard floors (Laminate, Hardwood floors): Though wood floors are incredibly beautiful and extremely simple to clean, they’re not always perfect. At times, the floors can get scratched easily. Double down and hunt out the best canister vacuum for hardwood floors. A high-quality steam mop can also make your floors shine.
When purchasing the best inexpensive canister vacuum cleaner for wood floors, make sure you look for one with non-marking wheels. This ensures that you can safely move your cleaner around without worrying about possible scratches, flows, or dings. The vacuum should also feature a brush roll and should also be able to move from carpets and rugs to hard flooring quickly.
- Rugs and Mats: If you have rugs and mats in your home, you’ll need a best canister vacuum for high pile carpet to clean them as well. Both rugs and mats can enhance your home’s aesthetics but cleaning them demands a little extra effort. Whether you are cleaning a small or much larger wool rug, you need a special vacuum for that job. Thankfully, many floor cleaners and carpet washers out there can do this job perfectly. Handheld and upright models are the best. Similar to carpets, make sure the vacuum you buy for rug and mat cleaning has a rotating brush. This guarantees it will go deep and remove all traces of dirt, dust, and debris.
Where is the Best Place to Empty a Canister Vacuum Cleaner?
Emptying a canister vacuum is an easy thing and so, you shouldn't worry much about it. There are common dirt and dust in the bin and so, needn't to be concerned about any dangerous germs. The important thing, you have to concern that the dust shouldn't circulate in air of the room when you empty it.
So, we always recommend to take your vacuum canister outside or garage as this is the best place to empty a canister vacuum. Follow the steps when you separate the canister:
- Use a garbage can and liner when you vacuum it
- Delicately, separate the canister and discharge it into the liner.
- Use a dust mask when you empty the vacuum because some dirt will arise when you dumb the vac.
Separating the canister from the vac is generally done by a snap or simple mechanism. Some model's snap is at front end and rest of them have one on both of the side. When you release the snap, the canister will pluck forward and off the vacuum. Now, simply tip it into the bin and tap the container. When all the dirt are completely removed, just add the canister again and lock the mechanism.
Generally, the bagged dustbuster losses suction power when their bin starts to get full. So, you need to maintain them regularly if you want best service from it. As far as you follow the instructions, there is no way to think about emptying and maintaining a bagged cleaner.
Now you know how to go about picking the best canister vacuum cleaner for your home. Just follow our expert shopping guide above, and you’ll end up with a great vacuum.
While researching these top-rated machines, we looked out for models that other homeowners have already bought, used for some time, and rated favorably. This is the best way to get valuable, impartial information about a product.
We guarantee you that the above five high-quality products will do more than meet your cleaning expectations and needs. They’re brilliantly designed, highly reliable, and offer you a glut of impressive features.
Besides, they come with favorable prices, even for homeowners on a tight budget. Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’ve got any questions at all.