Top 5 Best Canister Vacuum Cleaner | 2017 Reviews
Are you looking for the best canister vacuum for your home in 2017? Yes, buying a good quality vacuum is not easy if you don't have decent knowledge about current vacuum market. For why, we have conducted research and write this vacuum cleaner buying guide to make your purchase a worthy investment.
Yes, we all know, cleaning is a tiresome job, however there’s nothing like a freshly vacuumed floor to give a sparkling house that all-important finishing touch. That’s why a best rated canister vacuum is a necessity for every home.
Canister vacuums take all the time and physical effort out of cleaning your entire home. You can suck up debris from the carpet, furniture and any hard-to-reach places without breaking a sweat. Pets, small kids and messy husbands all turn cleaning into a potential nightmare. Read on and find out why investing in a great vacuum is essential…
Read More: Best Pool Vacuum Reviews
Too much choice can be a bad thing. When it comes to shopping for the best canister vacuums, the sheer volume of products can be overwhelming..
Guess what? We are here to make things extremely easy for you. We’ll start with the review of five best buy canister vacuums on the market today. Then, a detailed vacuum cleaner buying guide so you can research your purchase with complete confidence.
Let’s dive into the details:
The Best Rated Canister Vacuums Comparison Chart
1 x 1 x 1 inches
13.2 x 13.2 x 30 inches
Miele C1 Pure Suction Vacuum
16.9 x 9.8 x 9.1 inches
24.8 x 16.2 x 17.5 inches
19 x 12 x 8.8
The Five Best Canister Vacuum Cleaners Reviews
We have researched and reviewed the best canister vacuum cleaner 2017 available in the market. You have tried to compile an in-depth review guide for you.
Dyson DC39 Ball Multifloor Pro Canister
Why you should buy it: It’s versatile, powerful, reasonably priced, and produces best performance in its class.
Who's it for: Who want to make sure that there place is cleaned without breaking their bank.
Why we picked the Dyson DC39: The Dyson DC39 Multifloor comes with an impressive collection of Radial Root Cyclone Technology, Dyson Ball Technology. All this inner tech teams up to give you a device that not only stages a remarkable performance but is also incredibly easy to use.
Dyson Ball Technology, in particular, makes this cleaning device entirely easy to move around. This is unlike the other vacuums that move forward/backward at slight angles due to their wheels. As for Dyson, it uses a ball to steer, allowing you to move in the direction of your choice.
Keep in mind that the ball is gently on your floor/carpet and will not cause any damages when moving around. Don’t let the heavy weight of this top rated dustbuster; you can maneuver it around your furniture with ease.
The Radial Root Cyclone technology helps boost the suction of this excellent machine. The interior of Dyson DC39 has been specially designed to minimize turbulence and make the airflow stronger (thus high suction). That is, it makes the machine self-adjusting- meaning it can excellently cope with different floors.
The fact that this device is bagless means it’s super easy as well as hygienic to empty. Good news- it features HEPA filters that help minimize the spread of allergens in your house and often regarded as the best HEPA canister vacuum. This keeps the health of you and your entire family in check.
- Use Radial Root Cyclone™ technology to remodel airflows for capturing more dirt and microscopic dust in the bin
- Introduce Ball™ technology to turn on the spot for efforless cleaning without the awkward moves
- Turbine tool with a brush bar
- Certified asthma & allergy friendly HEPA filtration system
The not so good
The Dyson DC39 has been engineered for high dust removal. No other vacuum expels cleaner air.
The Dyson DC39 vacuum harnesses the latest vacuum cleaning technology to give you one truly efficient machine that handles any tasks you throw at it fuss-free, all at incredibly low prices. So, you can’t really go wrong with this best Dyson Canister Vacuum.
BEST FOR SIMPLICITY
Miele Compact C1 Pure Suction Canister
Why you should buy it: With an excellent suction power, great design, and top vacuuming quality, this is the best Miele Canister vacuum cleaner to beat.
Who's it for: Those willing to pay a little extra for the best.
Why we picked the Miele C1: The Miele C1 Pure Suction vacuum is an incredibly lightweight and compact cleaning device, suitable for cleaning hard floors as well as low pile carpets. Finished in dazzling white, the Miele will appeal to all homeowners with an eye for style.
The Classic FiberTeQ floor tool that accompanies this package is perfect for cleaning hard floors, rugs, and low-pile carpeting. The tool lets you transition from carpet to smooth flooring with just a flip of the ergonomic toggle switch. The C1 also comes with a telescopic stainless steel wand.
The long electric cord has automatic rewind to offer you a bigger cleaning radius. This lets you reach every corner of your house, from floor to ceiling.
With a robust motor system that delivers great suction as well as a precise adjustment (regardless of the surface you’re cleaning), you’ll enjoy quite remarkable performance from the C1. It uses Miele’s AirClean filtration system that captures and retains more than 99.9% of allergens in your home.
- Compact design ensures less fatigue when cleaning
- Clear dome lid lets you monitor the collection bag easily
- large dust cup capacity
- Very lengthy cord
- Plenty of accessories included
The not so good
It comes with specified rug and floor combination nozzle to clean all your low pile carpeting and hard floors.
Miele C1 pure suction vacuum is the best canister vacuum for hardwood floors and low pile carpets. Transitioning from one surface to another is super easy because of the ergonomically situated toggle switch.
Panasonic MC-CL945 Bagless Vacuum
Why you should buy it: They're versatile, work well and affordable, without shoehorning in unnecessary features.
Who's it for: Those who don’t want all the hassle the other dustbuster might bring.
Why we picked the Panasonic MC-CL945: Ultra-light and easy to carry, Panasonic MC-CL945 is a compact, quiet and powerful vacuum and the perfect choice for cleaning your floors. This bagless canister vacuum uses dirt compression technology to keep your house clean at all times.
The uniquely shaped dust cup accumulates high pressure in the mid-zone. This is important as it forces large debris towards the base of the container, keeping your filter clean for optimal cleaning power (and no suction loss). Emptying the compressed dirt is straightforward. Just push the button and remove the cup cleanly, empty it and reinstall it into the machine.
The device features a Plus Pro Power nozzle to give you a better cleaning experience. The nozzle employs air infusion technology that enables it to easily move on all sorts of carpets, including those with very high pile. The bare floor cleaning option allows you to shut off the agitator for a gentle bare surface cleaning.
The telescopic wand makes it easy for you to clean even the harder-to-reach areas in your house without any problems. With a HEPA filtration system, you’re assured of getting rid of millions of harmful allergens, pollutants, and irritants in your house.
The fact that the machine comes with a short wheelbase and larger rear wheels enables you to easily move the machine over 360 degrees. You’ll be able to clean more efficiently around your furniture as well as around corners.
- Air Infusion Technology
- Jet Force Technology
- Quiet Operation
- Compact, lightweight direction
- Powerful 12Amp Motor
- Works on all flooring
- Weight - 27.2 pounds
The not so good
The Panasonic MC-Cl945 has Gliding Pet Brush tool to remove clingy pet hair from various kinds of surfaces without clogging.
Panasonic MC-CL945 Plush Pro definitely deserves being a best lightweight canister vacuum with dust compression technology to make your house and your carpets as clean as new. Combine this with its compact, lightweight design and you have a dream vacuum. Read our full review
BEST BUDGET FRIENDLY
Soniclean Galaxy 1150 Canister Vacuum
Why you should buy it: The Soniclean 1150 is probably the best-looking device on this list.
Who's it for: Those who want high quality and serious durability on a budget.
Why we picked the Soniclean 1150: Soniclean Galaxy 1150 Canister Vacuum Cleaner is a lightweight option for cleaning hard surfaces, mats or short pile carpets alike. It weighs around 12 pounds, making it incredibly easy to move around the house. It comes with an eye-grabbing design with graphic color.
The 1150W variable speed motor is capable of delivering professional-grade suction and power. The fact that the speed of the motor is variable makes it easy for you to reduce the suction power when cleaning lightweight mats or throw rugs.
A Turbo carpet nozzle add-on helps you clean your low and medium pile carpets efficiently. The device also incorporates the super-efficient HEPA filtration system that eliminates all the lung-busting micro particles in your home.
It’s so quiet that you can clean your house without disturbing anyone in the surrounding area.
- 5-year Soniclean Manufacturer’s warranty
- Rubber wheel is gentle on your floors
- Telescopic wand ensures long reach
- Hose rotates at 360 degrees for flexibility
- Auto-retractable power cord
- Quiet operation
- Effectively cleans hardwood surfaces as well as low-medium pile carpeting
- Turbo-powered attachment for furniture, carpet, and stairs
The not so good
The hose of the vacuum has 360º rotational feature which makes the cleaning a lot more easier task.
Soniclean Galaxy 1150 Canister vacuum’s powerful 1150W motor gives you a great deal of suction power that makes cleaning hardwood floors and carpeted floors a walk in the park. With its noiseless operation and 5-year manufacturer warranty, your house can benefit from a deep clean with no concerns on your part. Moreover, this is the best budget canister vacuum for hardwood floors and carpet. Read our full review
Things to Know Before Buying a Best Lightweight Canister Vacuum
The vacuum cleaner market is saturated with all kinds of devices. It can be rather confusing to select the best canister vacuums under $200, particularly if you’re not familiar with these machines.
So, allow me to walk you through our step-by-step guide on how to find the best commercial canister vacuum cleaner for your cleaning needs…
- Budget: Why is price important? Well, it will expose something to you about the product you’re planning to buy. Generally, the more expensive a vacuum is, the more efficient it will be.
But don’t let this rule cloud your judgment. Instead, set a reasonable budget for your canister vacuum and stick to it. This helps you obtain the best vacuum canister for your money without a financial headache. Also, keep in mind that energy efficient models might command higher price tags but they’ll save you a great deal of money in the long haul..
Different Types of Vacuum Cleaner for Your Need
There are many varieties of portable vacuum cleaners on the market today. We have compiled a list of the top six vacuum cleaner categories along with a breakdown of their basic features.
- Upright Cleaners: As the name suggests, these vacuums have an upright design. They are the suction upright vacuums but this is directly dependent on the motor they’re using. Most homeowners prefer this style of vacuum to clean their homes. But, given their massive weight, many choose to switch to a lighter model when cleaning carpets, vehicles or upholstery.
- Cylinder Cleaners: The model differs from the upright cleaner in several aspects. The body sits horizontally and has a hose attached to the head. This means you’ll have to bend over whenever you’re using the device. Their compact, lightweight design makes them the best vacuum for stairs. They come with powerful motors that can tackle even the dirtiest jobs. You can use them to clean hardwood surfaces, rugs, tiles, and carpets.
- Handheld Cleaners: These are cleaners that you can hold in your hands. Most of them don’t come with extra cleaning tools. However, some feature built-in extension as well as upholstery tool. They’re effective at cleaning up quick spills as well as messes.
- Robotic Cleaners: Robot vacuums are becoming more and more popular. These incredibly smart machines are capable of tackling all types of floors. They boast superb functionality but you’ll need to dig a bit deeper into your pocket to buy one.
- Wet and Dry Cleaners: A regular vacuum cleaner is often not able to effectively remove ingrained dirt. This is where a wet/dry vacuum comes in handy. The motor and fan in these cleaners are tucked inside.The motor kicks in and,creates low pressure inside the vacuum cleaner. This is what allows the cleaner to get rid of those thick, stubborn stains quickly.
Other specialist vacuum cleaners available include hard floor cleaners and carpet washers.
- Suction Power: The secret to a high performing vacuum cleaner lies in its suction power, typically expressed in Watts. The higher the motor’s power, the greater the suction force. A good vacuum cleaner should be able to generate sufficient suction to pick up most of the allergens, dust, and other debris from your carpet or hard floors.
You should also ensure that the best canister vacuum for allergy sufferers, you’re buying comes with a power selector. This allows you to reduce power consumption when not using the machine or even increase it when necessary to limit the need for multiple passes.
- Bag or Bagless: When deciding on the best handheld canister vacuum, you’ll need to choose between a bagged or bagless design. The significant difference between these two is how they filter dirt and debris before you remove it from the machine.
The best bagged canister vacuum cleaner filters the dust into a filtered bag while the best bagless vacuums store it in a bin.
With the bagged design, you’ll have to purchase replacement bags at least twice a year. This means you’ll have to go through the hassle of finding the right bag size for your vacuum. It’s also important to note that some replacement bags are quite expensive. The advantage is that they provide you with a much better cleanup.
With bagless cleaners, you can avoid this hassle and expense.
- Filtration System: Most cleaners out there come with their own filtration systems. If you want to enjoy cleaner air in your house, vacuum cleaners with HEPA filters are incredibly efficient at eliminating pollen, dust and other forms of allergens. If you or any of your family members suffer from allergies or asthma, it’s always recommended to buy the best HEPA canister vacuum. These can absorb over 99.97% of all harmful micro-particles in your home..
- Cord and Nozzle Length: This heavily depends on both your personal preference and the size of your room. Typically, a long cord design is better as it allows you to clean a relatively larger area in your house without necessarily unplugging and plugging your machine. A long reach is much more convenient.
Thinking of convenience, look for a cord with auto-rewind to save manually retracting it.
- Noise Level: Another important thing to consider when looking for the best quiet canister vacuum cleaners is the noise factor. If you want to buy a device that operates quietly and silently, be sure to go for one integrated with silencer technology. Unlike the older models which produced too much noise when running, significant technological advances have led to the introduction of vacuum cleaners that produce very little or no sound.
That being said, you also need to understand that a noiseless vacuum will not deliver higher suction power than those operating at higher noise decibels.
- Weight: All homeowners prefer lighter units as they’re highly portable and easy to carry around. Such vacuums are particularly useful if you usually clean above the floor - think staircases, ceiling fans and curtains. So, the weight factor will be influenced by your house’s layout.
As a rule of thumb, always focus on a cleaner with high maneuverability and wheels on the bottom. A canister weighing 13 lbs or less is a smart choice.
- Attachments Available: You’ll come across some units that claim to be all-purpose cleaners. These models come with an assortment of cleaning tools such as a floor brush, dusting brush, crevice tool, pet hair turbine, upholstery nozzle, and an aluminum/stainless steel telescopic wand.
If your house has many different surfaces that require vacuuming, look for one with the most appropriate add-ons. Keep in mind that some of these attachments are costly if you decide to buy them separately
- Surface: The market has many vacuums that are pretty versatile and cope with all surfaces. Some models, however, are for specific tasks only. Carefully analyze your situation and get to know what type of floor you want to clean with your new vacuum cleaner. Hard floors will require something different from carpets and vice versa.Let’s examine exactly what you should look for based on the type of surface….
- Home or Commercial Cleaning: The first thing you should consider is your setting. If you plan to use your new vacuum in a residential capacity, you can go for a slightly smaller, less powerful machine. However, if your home has lots of stairs, you’ll need a different vacuum. As for a vacuum for commercial use, whether it’s an office, shop or storefront, they’re completely different. Because bigger messes are likely to occur in these environments, you’ll be better off with a much more powerful vacuum intended for deep cleaning.
Read More: Top 20 Evergreen House Cleaning Tips – Clean Your House Now
- Carpet: Carpets are often the trickiest to clean because dust, dirt and other messes often sneak deep into the fabric making it hard to remove them. This is even worse if you've got a thick carpet. So, if you’re looking for a best cheap canister vacuum for carpet, opt for a vacuum specially designed for that purpose.
What if you’re cleaning large carpeted areas? Well, in that case, look for a good quality corded or cordless upright cleaner. Handheld models can be highly inconvenient and time consuming with carpeted surfaces.
A cleaner with exceptional carpet cleaning features such as a rotating brush that will dig deep into the carpet and remove the hidden dirt is ideal for carpeted floors
- Hard floors (Laminate, Hardwood floors): Though wood floors are incredibly beautiful and extremely simple to clean, they’re not always perfect. At times, the floors can get scratched easily. Double down and hunt out the best canister vacuum for hardwood floors.
A high-quality steam mop can also make your floors shine.
When purchasing the best inexpensive canister vacuum cleaner for wood floors, make sure you look for one with non-marking wheels. This ensures that you can safely move your cleaner around without worrying about possible scratches, flows, or dings. The vacuum should also feature a brush roll and should also be able to move from carpets and rugs to hard flooring quickly.
- Rugs and Mats: If you have rugs and mats in your home, you’ll need a best canister vacuum for high pile carpet to clean them as well. Both rugs and mats can enhance your home’s aesthetics but cleaning them demands a little extra effort. Whether you are cleaning a small or much larger wool rug, you need a special vacuum for that job. Thankfully, many vacuums out there can do this job perfectly. Handheld and upright models are the best. Similar to carpets, make sure the vacuum you buy for rug and mat cleaning has a rotating brush. This guarantees it will go deep and remove all traces of dirt, dust, and debris.
- Stairs: Most homes have stairs which are great most of the time. The real problem with stairs arises when you need to clean them. This can be extremely challenging. To overcome this, you need to look for the best canister vacuum for stairs to help you clean your home stairs effortlessly and quickly.
A good number of cleaners on the market do a magical job when used to clean stairs. From cordless to upright, handheld to canister, each has different strengths. The secret lies in buying a little model so you’ll have an easy time moving up and down the stairs. Also, watch out for a larger operating radius so you can concentrate on cleaning your stars rather than moving the cleaner frequently
- Furniture and Upholstery: Beautiful furniture, adorable blinds, and eye-catching curtains set off a home. They are all necessary but also need to be cleaned on a regular basis. With the right vacuum, taking care of this is a breeze.
A handheld is undeniably the most small canister vacuum cleaner for this purpose. It’s lightweight, easy to maneuver, and cleans your furniture excellently. The only problem with these vacuums is that they don’t clean under the furniture well. This is where an upright cleaner jumps in as a great alternative. Go for vacuums with a long hose that makes it easy for you to reach your blinds and curtains without straining..
What is the Best Budget Canister Vacuums for Different Surfaces
- Cord or Cordless Cleaner: A corded vacuum requires an electrical cord to run. So, any time you use this cleaner, you need to look for an electric outlet to plug it into. Corded vacuums are generally cheaper and more powerful.
Cordless models, on the contrary, are highly convenient. They come with a rechargeable battery which you must recharge before and after use. Depending on which brand you buy, you might find that need to recharge it fairly often. That being said, cordless models are highly convenient since there are no limits as to where you can use them
- Brand: Does the manufacturer of the product you’re buying make a difference? Well, some brands tend to pack their models with more attachments and add-ons to increase value. Some top canister vacuum cleaner brands that will never let you down include Miele, Panasonic, Dyson, Electrolux, Hoover, Dirt Devil, Eureka, Bissell, and Kenmore.
- Maintenance and Warranty: Although you expect the high-quality vacuum cleaner you’ve bought to serve you for many years without any functionality issues, problems can occur at times. Before investing in any vacuum, therefore, it’s good to figure out how hard it is to maintain.
The best value canister vacuums are those that demand very little maintenance. Common tasks include changing the bag ,emptying the canister and keeping the brush roll clean.Despite taking good care of your vacuum, problems might still manifest themselves. That’s why it’s crucial to check whether the machine you’re considering comes with a warranty before you place an order.
Most vacuums come with at least a 1-year warranty. Though this will be long enough for most needs, going for machines with an extended warranty periods is highly recommended. Brands like Miele offer you a whopping 10-year warranty on their vacuums. This demonstrates that the manufacturer has absolute confidence in their product
Where is the Best Place to Empty a Canister Vacuum Cleaner?
Emptying a canister vacuum is an easy thing and so, you shouldn't worry much about it. There are common dirt and dust in the bin and so, needn't to be concerned about any dangerous germs. The important thing, you have to concern that the dust shouldn't circulate in air of the room when you empty it.
So, we always recommend to take your vacuum canister outside or garage as this is the best place to empty a canister vacuum. Follow the steps when you separate the canister:
- Use a garbage can and liner when you vacuum it
- Delicately, separate the canister and discharge it into the liner.
- Use a dust mask when you empty the vacuum because some dirt will arise when you dumb the vac.
Separating the canister from the vac is generally done by a snap or simple mechanism. Some model's snap is at front end and rest of them have one on both of the side. When you release the snap, the canister will pluck forward and off the vacuum. Now, simply tip it into the bin and tap the container. When all the dirt are completely removed, just add the canister again and lock the mechanism.
Generally, the bagged dustbuster losses suction power when their bin starts to get full. So, you need to maintain them regularly if you want best service from it. As far as you follow the instructions, there is no way to think about emptying and maintaining a bagged cleaner.
Now you know how to go about picking the best canister vacuum cleaner for your home. Just follow our expert shopping guide above, and you’ll end up with a great vacuum.
While researching these top-rated machines, we looked out for models that other homeowners have already bought, used for some time, and rated favorably. This is the best way to get valuable, impartial information about a product.
We guarantee you that the above five high-quality products will do more than meet your cleaning expectations and needs. They’re brilliantly designed, highly reliable, and offer you a glut of impressive features.
Besides, they come with favorable prices, even for homeowners on a tight budget. Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’ve got any questions at all.