The Best Car Vacuum for Detailing – By Budget and Category
Why we need to buy best car vacuum cleaner? Yes, it's a good question, but at the same time, it is the most common question people ask before buying the best vacuum for car detailing. We recommend to read car detailing vacuum reviews before buying your mini car vacuum. For why, we have written this guide to make your investment profitable.
We know, fewer things can embarrass you more than a dirty car. Unfortunately, dust, spills, fur and other manner of unwelcome particles are part and parcel of the reality of owning and actively using a car.
Read More: Best Pool Vacuum Reviews
The great news, however, is that, the dust particles that fly into your car when you take the dirt road, the biscuit/chip residues that land in the deep, tough to access spots of your car and the fur that gets in the way of both the seats and the floor mats can all be handled in a professional and precise manner – ensuring a spotless, good as new car – if you are careful enough to actively search for and get the best affordable car vacuum for your car’s interior.
Your luck is that, this post will brilliantly show the best portable vacuum for car that will enable you to drive any dust, particles, mess or residues free car.
Shall we engage the first gear?
5 Best Vacuum for Car Detailing in 2017 Comparison Chart:
15 x 7 x
12 x 5 x
Armor All AA255
10.6 x 14.2 x 14.4 inches
BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L Vacuum
17.2 x 5.5 x
Black + Decker
14.5 x 5.6 x
5 Best Car Vacuum Cleaners Reviews:
BEST CORDED VACUUM
Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held
Vacuum Review, 71B
Why you should buy it: Solid performance, great suction and top-tier dust cleaning tech from tiny places make the Eureka-EasyClean the top dog.
Who's it for: Those who are looking for the best handheld vacuum for car, money can buy.
Why we picked Eureka EasyClean: The Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum, 71bB is the smartest corded vacuum, the very best in its class when its specs and features are considered, vis-à-vis the competition.
The Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum picks up even the tiniest pieces of dirt in a car with the greatest brilliance and completely, effortless dexterity. Powered and engineered with great suction, dust, fur and dirt are all sucked out of the tiniest spots that would present a cleaning challenge otherwise.
The corded vacuum cleaner is further engineered with detachable – and washable dust cup – a feature that makes its cleaning a breeze and ensures that the handheld vacuum cleaner itself remains in top shape even after many years of service life.
Finally, if you are not just interested in the best handheld vacuum for car detailing but would also appreciate a vacuum that would occasionally clean the dirty stairs, vacuum off wool and animal hair and keep your rugs in pristine condition, you will (further) appreciate the 5.5.
Amps power, strong suction, riser visor (for easy cleaning of sides and top of stairs) and finally, the 20-foot cord which will certainly reach the extents of any room where its service is needed.
For such versatility, convenience, and power, wouldn’t you agree that this portable vacuum car cleaner is worth further investigation and maybe, your money and time?
- Perfect for cars: Picks up even the tiniest pieces of dirt in a car and navigates into the nooks and crannies perfectly, and with majestic ease.
- Washable dust cup
- Great and extra-ordinarily strong suction: this sucks even the most resistant dirt or dust in a breeze.
- Amazing cord wrap that ensures easy storage
- A smart crevice tool that gets into places too small for the brush roll to reach
- Fingertip controls that give ultimate power and maneuverability to the user
- Impressively long 20 foot long cord that brilliantly reaches to every area that needs to be cleaned
The not so good
The Eureka Vacuum includes the Riser Visor features that is used for cleaning horizontal surfaces and flips up to reach the vertical carpet on stair risers.
With the power and options that this vacuum possesses, it is clearly the best vacuum for car interior under $50, so far as corded, handheld vacuums are concerned. With its purchase and use, it is clear that both your car and house will be serviced in the most brilliant manner. Dirt too, will take a long, final leave from both.
we’re sure you’ll also agree once you buy and commence use.
BEST HANDHELD VACUUM
Dirt Devil Bagless Handheld Vacuum Review
Why you should buy it: You are looking for the most value packed, extremely-lightweight and best portable vacuum for car on the market.
Who's it for: Those who are looking for the best price to performance ratio.
Why we picked Dirt Devil SD20005RED: This Dirt Devil SD20005RED Scorpion Quick Flip Corded Bagless Handheld Vacuum is the clear king of portable bagless vacuums.
With the ample power and ability to clean all manner of dirt and unwanted particles including sand and pebbles in any car or at home, it is the perfect fit for users who swear – and live by the bagless vacuum.
Designed in a super lightweight manner, the ‘Dirt Devil’ is true to its name: it sports a powerful 7amps motor, comes complete with all its standard accessories included, cleans tight/small cervices neatly and importantly, is backed up with an impressive 3 year manufacturer’s warranty.
With a cord that is 16 impressive feet and super lightweight by design; it is the clear and undisputed choice when thinking of cleaning the car, home or workshop.
The most important thing to note is the suction power of this best selling bagless vacuum however: the ‘Dirt Devil’ can easily clean up (otherwise) tough messes like sand and pebbles without much ado. If your manner of dirt is of this nature, you certainly have the perfect fit that will surely serve you in the most satisfactory manner, year in, year out.
- 3 year warranty.
- Super lightweight design – the entire unit weighs less than 4 pounds.
- Extra-long 16 foot cord that is guaranteed to reach all the messy places/spots without the need to unplug.
- Bagless design.
- Powerful 7Amp motor.
- Ability to suck up tough messes including sand and pebbles.
- Fold down design that makes it practical to clean small crevices
- Very comfortable handle that ensures users do not tire out when using this vacuum
- Easy to clean out and store after each use
The not so good
The SD20005RED has good accessories like crevice tool to clean tight spaces, for example, car seats and couch cushions.
If you’re a fan of handheld vacuum and occasionally (or all the time) need to clean up tough messes like sand and pebbles, you cannot go wrong with the Dirt Devil Vacuum. If you do not need to clean up tough messes but would appreciate the fact that your best vacuum for car cleaning is powerful enough to handle any mess either in your car, at home or at the workshop, should any arise, this should be your choice.
Go, get it!
BEST QUIET VACUUM
Armor All 2.5 Gallon, 2 Peak HP, Utility
Wet/Dry Vacuum Review
Why you should buy it: It's powerful, versatile, supreme design and ensures extremely high efficient cleaning.
Who's it for: Those looking for the best small car vacuum that is easy to afford.
Why we picked Armor All: This wet/dry car vacuum cleaner is great because it sports a uniquely long hose that ensures the professional cleaning ability that is rare to get at home.
Further, it remains a vacuum of choice because it tackles both wet and dry messes with equal ease and astonishing ability. If you constantly need to vacuum both wet and dry messes, you won’t go wrong with this option.
Designed specifically to clean the interior of your car, the Armor All 2.5 Gallon, 2 Peak HP, Utility Wet/Dry Vacuum handles all manner of mess – both wet and dry.
This mini portable car vacuum comes standard with a long and impressive hose, giving it the ability to clean the interior of a car with a professional majesty and ease that is only associated with professionals whose duty is to clean your car’s interior and tidy it up in a spotless manner.
Armor handheld vacuum is fitted with a built-in air and noise diffuser, ensuring quiet operations (features that are quite rare to find amongst vacuums, irrespective of their type or dedicated function). Powered with a 2 year warranty and an auto shut function to prevent an overflow, this is the best choice you can make if you live in a super dusty area or you observe that your car’s interior is in complete love with dirt.
A single use, believe us, will certainly make you vouch for its quality and extreme durability.
- 2 years manufacturer’s warranty
- Brilliantly handles both dry and wet mess
- Specifically designed for the interior of vehicles
- Super quiet operations
- Automatic shut off to prevent overflow
- 10 foot cord
- 2-in-1 utility nozzle
- Very easy conversion to blower (if ever there is the need).
The not so good
The Armor includes all required accessories for complete interior cleaning. It also includes built in air and noise diffuser for effective cleaning.
This best mini vacuum cleaner for car is dedicated and specially designed for cars. Additionally, the dustbuster is also powerful and flexible enough to be used for assorted tasks, such as blower related actions and the reality of cleaning both dry and wet messes. If you are interested in such (highly) specified versatility, you will never go wrong with this unit – especially given the fact that it can perform quite a number of car vacuuming tasks/services.
BLACK + DECKER 16V Cordless Vacuum Review
Why you should buy it: You are looking for massive power from a mini car detailing vacuum, but willing to pay up for better quality.
Who's it for: Those who don't mind spending a little extra for keeping their car clean for all time.
Why we picked Black + Decker CHV1410L: The Black + Decker CHV1410L 16V Cordless Lithium Hand Vac is hands down the best rechargeable vacuum cleaner for car powered by a lithium battery.
With the rare ability to hold a single charge for an impressive 18 months straight off the charger, this cordless vacuum is very energy efficient and uses just about 50% of power other models use. Added to the fact that it provides fade free power, it most certainly qualifies as the portable battery powered car vacuum of choice should the need ever arise for one.
Powered by a powerful lithium battery, this Black + Decker vacuum is powerful enough to clean the entire interior of your car many times over. It is also powerful enough to clean up messes around the home and in the workshop if need be.
Thanks to a cordless design and battery compatibility, it can be used anywhere, even places where there isn’t a wall socket or places that would otherwise prove tricky for models with cords. It is thus the best car hand vacuum cleaner for travel/those who are upwardly mobile.
Sporting an impressive 2-year manufacturer’s warranty and boosting fade free power, this lightweight model is also ideal for a variety of tasks. When its removable and washable bowls and filters are factored, you are clearly looking at the very best in its category.
…and, we are dead certain you wouldn’t object once you buy and own this battery powered vacuum.
- Cordless design
- Battery powered
- Extremely lightweight
- Smart charge technology that uses up to 50% less energy (than similar models)
- 2 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Ideal for quick pick up
- Rotating slim nozzle for a variety of applications
- Ability to hold a single charge for up to 18 months
The not so good
The Black + Decker CHV1410L uses filters and removable, washable bowls for through cleaning. Moreover, it includes multi-surface cleaning attachments.
It is EXCEEDINGLY difficult to get a battery powered, cordless vacuum that will beat this model. If you are in the market for a portable model that will serve as a constant travel companion and also ensure some quick pick up jobs at home and in the workshop while holding charges up to an impressive 18 months, you cannot go wrong with the BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L 16V Cordless Lithium Hand Vac.
We are 100% certain of this.
BEST RECHARGEABLE VACUUM
Black + Decker Cordless Hand Vacuum Review
Why you should buy it: Supreme design, loaded with features and best performance in its class.
Who's it for: Those who put style and fun on par with car detailing.
Why we picked Black + Decker BDH2000L: The Black + Decker BDH2000L 20-Volt Max Lithium Ion Battery Cordless Hand Vacuum sports an impressive 3 year warranty – the longest we could find for a battery powered handheld vacuum.
A supporting reason for its greatness (and choice) is that it charges smartly – only when a charge is actually needed…This is also a first (from our very thorough and detailed research).
A close brother to the 16V cordless lithium hand Vac, this vacuum is an even more powerful successor/model. For starters, instead of sporting only 16V, it outputs a brilliant and respectable 20V – enough to vacuum anything that catches your fancy or mess that needs to be put in its place.
Without any memory effects, this vacuum cleans and sucks by means of cyclonic action. It is further engineered in a manner that it features a rotating slim nozzle with a built-in crevice tool and brush. To cap it up, its filter is washable.
It is super excellent for the interior of cars – and other auxiliary operations as (vacuuming) carpets, hard surfaces around the home, stairs and any other place you will ever need the services of a portable handheld vacuum. Let’s be frank, with its 3-year standard warranty, isn’t this portable car vacuum cleaner worth giving close consideration?
- 3 year warranty
- Battery powered
- Cordless design
- Removable, washable bowl and filter
- Extremely lightweight/compact
- Rotating slim nozzle - ideal for cleanup of dust, pet hair and crumbs from tight spaces
- Smart charge technology that uses up to 50% less energy (than similar, competing models)
- Excellent for car interiors, carpets, hard surfaces, stairs and more (traditional) applications
- Ability to hold a single charge for up to 18 months
The not so good
The vacuum uses translucent bagless dirt bowl to see interior dirt and is easy to empty. Moreover, it includes smartest charging feature which holds charge for 18 months.
If you desire to tackle all manner of messes – and would require real power from a handheld and extremely practical vacuum, this is the best car vacuum for detailing you should be taking a close and more interested look at.
Why You Should Have the Best Car Detailing Vacuum at All Times
Vacuum cleaners are smart cleaning devices that many car owners depend on to have an ultra-clean car. For car washes and commercial car cleaning businesses, it is an indispensable business tool.
However, for the regular car owner like you who may not appreciate the fact of properly detailing a car regularly or may not have heard about or used a vacuum for your ride before, why should you consider one?
Here are our top seven reasons why we sincerely believe you need to not just vacuum your car’s interior but need to keep a vacuum cleaner close by - always.
First, it is quite difficult cleaning dirt/messes that land in your car in very tight spaces. For instance, dust that sticks to the extreme folds/crevice of the passenger’s seat, fur that gets scattered round the tight corners of the car and dust that perches on such places as the AC vents.
To clean out such dirt/mess, a rag is not an option; a brush will not also do the magic. If you’re interested in actually getting the dirt cleaned, you have no option but to rely the best buy car vacuum for extreme result.
Second, it is not always that time presents itself or one has it to do the interior cleaning of a car. Because of this reality, every smart person is serious/busy looking for a quick option that will not waste time.
With the best dustbuster for dog hair messes up in a matter of mere seconds, they are clearly a choice no serious car owner can afford to ignore…you, as a serious car owner cannot also afford to waste precious time too on mere cleaning.
Third, the best vacuum to clean car does its job in a spotless manner, better than any rag, cloth or brush. This is made possible by the dedicated and ultra-versatile nature of best rated car vacuum cleaners.
Accordingly thus, after vacuuming the mess in your car, you will see a spotless car interior that would have been quite impossible to achieve if you were doing things in a manual manner.
Fourth, a portable car vacuum cleaner saves you serious money as a car owner. This is because, while these vacuum cleaners are cheap, easily affordable and last for a very long time, professional car washing/detailing isn’t exactly cheap.
If you purchase the best handheld car vacuum cleaner, why would you bother with the exorbitant charges you will most certainly be billed when you proceed to have your car professionally cleaned up?
Fifth, a top rated car vacuum cleaner ensures a that as a car owner, you look smart, up to date and well acquainted with the reality of the 21st century.
The reasoning here is quite simple: having the best powerful car vacuum in your garage or a handheld version in the trunk of your car goes a long way to tell the outside world and those who actually see you using it to tidy up your car that you are a smart fellow who certainly knows how to get things done in the correct and professional manner.
Sixth, for health reasons, it is a smart choice to always have a top notch vacuum cleaner close-by and use it as frequently as possible.
The explanation for this is as simple as ABC: some manner of dirt/mess is best not touched with the hands. In some case, issues like fur, hair and some other dirt that you do not know its origin may be particularly harmful if touched with the bare hands – or when cleaned with an ordinary rag that is dipped into water or used in a simple manner.
With a best budget car vacuum however, you will not only be safe – but will appreciate the fact that you did the right thing to save yourself from a health hazard or worse, a unnecessary (and completely avoidable) visit to the doctor.
Finally, using a vacuum for dog hair in a car is the safest and smartest way a car’s interior can be cleaned, given that today’s cars are often fitted with technology and gadgets that may be difficult to out-rightly understand but quite easy to damage when a cleaning attempt goes wrong.
For instance, the dashboard of a modern car is best vacuumed than cleaned with a cloth or any other means. With a vacuum cleaner, the whole dash is cleaned under a minute – without the actual, ever present fear of damaging something; same thing with the engine (right under the hood).
Or, can you attempt to clean a very complex and modern engine yourself with a bare rag? You get the point?
Things to Look Out When Buying the Best Car Detailing Vacuum
When shopping for a car vacuum, it is important to actively look out for the following:
- A great warranty.
- Lightweight/easy to use models.
- Models that are easy to store.
- Models that are easy to clean up after use.
- For battery operated vacuums, insist on models that can hold a charge for up to a year.
- For battery models (still), only buy models that provide fade free power.
- For models with a cord, insist on picking up one that has an impressive and remarkable cord length.
Having listed the important features to look out for, let’s run a brief explanation of each of the listed point for better understanding.
Note: all the models that have been reviewed and mentioned above meet the criteria below…we have accordingly done all the hard work for you so that you will simply choose the model that best suits you or catches your fancy.
- Models with Great Warranty: There is no need opting for a model that has no warranty (or poor warranty). If you do so, you will soon be in the market shopping for another vacuum in no time. The smartest thing to do is to therefore choose a model that offers at least 1 (one) year warranty – though it is not uncommon to find models that offer up to 3 (three) years warranty.
- Models that are Lightweight/Easy to Use: For you to enjoy the vacuuming process of your car’s interior, you must ensure that the best vacuum to clean car is both lightweight and easy to use. To be certain, any vacuum that cannot be operated with one hand for an appreciable amount to time should not be considered.
- Models that are Easy to Store: For an auto vacuum cleaner to pass the acid test that qualifies you to buy it, it must be non-bulky and must be very easy to store after use. Remember, you are using the best car detailing vacuum and may need to carry it along with you in your trunk or store it in places at home or in the garage where space may be an issue.
- Models that are Easy to Clean up After Use: The primary task of a vacuum is to clean mess. In this role, it often gets dirty and messy itself after some use. Kindly make certain that the model you decide to opt for is very easy to clean up after use. As a guide, models with bowls and filters that are washable are smart options that you cannot go wrong with.
- Models that can Hold a Charge for a Year Plus: This feature is important for the best 12 volt car vacuum. Your final choice should be able to hold a good charge for up to 12 months – even without use. The point here is that, when you need to use your best 12V car vacuum cleaner, it should not require that you charge it again when you had already concluded the charging business prior to its last storage after use.
- Models that are Able to Provide Fade Free Power: There is nothing as annoying as using a battery powered device that fades its power as its stored charge diminishes. This is what you must avoid/guard against when you elect to buy the best car detailing vacuum. Fade free models ensure that you vacuum your whole car’s interior in a thorough fashion and up to your satisfaction without any manner of interruption whilst at work. This is something you should take very serious.
- Models with Impressive Cord Lengths: Finally, the best hand vacuum for car should have impressive cord lengths so that you can easily access all the places they intend to clean up with ease. There is no point getting a model with a very short cord and in the end, having to face the ultimate frustration of not being able to access the important spots that actually need to be kept spotless by means of the vacuum for cleaning car.
Having treated the 7 (seven) most important things to look out for in a mini car vacuum cleaner before you open your wallet (or pull out your credit card), let’s now turn our attention to the best car vacuum cleaner you should actually buy.
Between the AC powered, cord - designed vacuums and the battery powered cordless models, which will suit you better?
Benefits of Buying AC Powered Best Handheld Car Vacuum
An AC powered vacuum cleaner is most ideal for your vehicle if you live in an area where there is constant power supple (24/7 actually), you have a garage where there is a wall socket (or you have a wall socket outside where you normally park the car).
Such a vacuum cleaner is also advised if you actually have an AC socket in your car (SUVs like the LandCruiser are so equipped).
Finally, it is also a very smart idea to go with a cord – powered AC inspired model if you intend to use the vacuum cleaner of your car for occasional mess cleaning in your home or garage.
Benefits of Battery Powered Cordless Vacuum for your Car
A battery powered cordless (rechargeable) vacuum is the best handheld vacuum for your car if you live in a place where power is a challenge or you cannot really guarantee when power from the grid will be restored/available.
Moreover, the best 12v car vacuum is a smart option if you are upwardly mobile and do not spend the bulk of your time at home. This model will particularly help if you go off-road for extended periods of time or you are a professional who tackles his/her job far away from home – like traditional construction engineers do.
Finally, a best rechargeable vacuum for car is also a smart choice if you do not need to tackle other vacuuming needs at home or elsewhere and just need the vacuum cleaner only for the interior of your car.
Which Best Vacuum for Car You Should Buy
The best hand car vacuum to buy for is largely dependent on your reality and needs – as explained in the section immediately above.
However, kindly be reminded that all the best car vacuum models offer the same basic service of vacuuming mess and ensuring that the interior of your vehicle is actually spotless.
Note too that ALL the best rated vacuum cleaners covered in this review are actually super durable and will certainly last for many years to come, if you take good care of them and ensure that they are actually used in a manner consistent with the manufacture’s guide.
Has any brilliant idea hit you yet?
Customer Benefits of Using Best Car Detailing Vacuum in the Market
There are many types/models of vacuum cleaners for car interiors in the market today. However, not all of them are suitable for you, your car or worse, are capable of giving you awesome return for your money and time.
If you choose any of the models reviewed above however, there are some user/customer benefits that you will experience. They are:
- An iron clad warranty that should anything goes wrong, you will be covered and your money will not be lost or wasted. The peace of mind this alone ensures is something to take serious and properly think about.
- All the car vacuum cleaners reviewed here are very popular and widely used models. They have thus become the best car vacuums in the market by actual use and practical acceptance. By going with any of them, you will be ensuring that you actually buy a model that will deliver on your car detailing needs.
- Finally, all the best portable car vacuum cleaners reviewed here are guaranteed to actually last. Aside getting a cleaner that is fit for the purchase you are buying it for, you will not be rushing back to the shopping arena for another vacuum cleaner anytime soon. These models are made in an impressively, durable fashion!
How to Ensure to get the Best Portable Car Vacuum Cleaner
Before we round up this article, it is very important that we present to you, our distinguished reader, very important tips that will ensure that you get the very best out of your portable vacuum cleaner.
Here they are:
- Handheld vacuum cleaners for cars are not meant to vacuum a whole flight of stairs or the entire floor or a 12 bedroom mansion. These cleaners are meant for the interior of your car and other (specifically) light work. If you are to get the best of them thus, you must use them as such. For ‘heavy duty cleaning’, you should consider a dedicated, large vacuum cleaner – not a handheld model.
- Vacuum cleaners for your car’s interior should be stored in a dry place, a place free of dust and insects.
- It is also a smart strategy to use your vacuum cleaner only with the type of mess specified. This means that, vacuums that are not indicated to clean wet mess should on no condition be made to attempt the vacuuming of wet waste.
- Your vacuum cleaner should be made to vacuum only the particle grade it has been clearly stated to be able to handle. Do not thus force a light vacuum to carry out the task of a much bigger cleaner with a (clearly) bigger motor.
- Finally, be certain to properly tidy up your vacuum cleaner after each use. This, to a large extent, will ensure that you get it not only to perform optimally but to also serve you brilliantly in the years to come.
Wrap Up: Which Vacuum Cleaner are you Getting for your Car?
This article is clearly the most thoroughly written and detailed guide that relates to the best vacuum cleaners for car detailing in 2017. However, before we sign off, we have a very important question for you: which vacuum cleaner are you buying for your car?
We wish the best for your best auto vacuum hunting mission and hope, you will be able to choose the best one for your needs.
We would very much love to read your response in the comment section below. Remember too, we respond (directly) to each comment we get on this site.