Best Cheap Vacuum Cleaner 2017 for your Smart Home
Finding the best cheap vacuum cleaner can even make a difference in your energy bills. In the past, low-grade sweepers flooded the market, and homeowners had to endure inhaling dust from the exhaust while paying a hefty electric bill. Those days are history.
Manufacturers are now making efficient cleaners in agreement with eco-design regulations stipulated in most countries. Continuous innovation is evident with the varieties of sweepers available today.
In this article, we outline how to select the best cheap canister vacuum without breaking the bank.
5 Best Cheap Vacuum Cleaner Comparison Chart
Bissell Aeroswift Upright Vacuum
11 x 12 x 43
Shark Navigator NV105
11.3 x 13.5 x 45.3
Anker HomeVac Duo 2-in-1 Vacuum
45.9 x 10.2 x 6.9
Hoover UH70210PC Vacuum
16 x 12 x 32.5
Eye-Vac Home Touchless Vacuum
12 x 7 x 18
Top 5 Inexpensive Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
If you’re on a mission to find the cheapest decent vacuum cleaner, you’ve come to the right place.
We’ll give you the lowdown on which brands and styles are best to keep your home gleaming with minimal investment.
Bissell Aeroswift Upright Vacuum
Why you should buy it: You want a Bissell dustbuster, nothing else
Who's it for: Anyone who wants the most simple, easy to operate dustbuster
Why we picked the Bissell Aeroswift: No matter the season, keeping your home clean inside and outside is essential if you want it to live a long and happy life. With this Bissell Aeroswift Upright Vacuum, your ride will be looking and smelling good as new in no time!
This product has high ratings in amazon. An astounding 4.3 /5 star rating and over 300 customer reviews is a good indication that this product will make your home clean, just like brand new. Additionally, the vacuum is very easy to use and maintain.
It comes with TurboBrush tool and quick release handle to remove dirt from carpets, hardwood floors, upholstery, and more.
If you are looking for a vacuum cleaner under $100 which should be very powerful and can clean your home perfectly, you should consider buying this one.
- Washable foam vacuum filter
- Quick-release handle and 8-foot stretch hose
- Specialized tools including a rotating TurboBrush®Tool, extension wand, crevice tool, and easy comfort quick-release handle
- 30-foot power cord and specialized extension tools
- Cyclonic technology to pick up the obvious and not so obvious debris
- Very lightweight to lift and carry
- Compact design
Buying this vacuum is a good investment in terms of power and performance. It has high consumer ratings and price is below $100. At last, this is the most affordable high quality buying vacuum in the current market.
Shark Navigator NV105 Light Vacuum
Why you should buy it: Extremely lightweight design, loaded with features, and best performance in its class.
Who's it for: Those who want quality at a low price
Why we picked the Shark NV105: Shark NV105 is one of the top rated upright vacuum on the market. This vacuum cleaner is very lightweight and maneuverable at only 10.6 pounds but its suction power is still highly impressive.
The design is compact design and no heavy maintenance is required.
Shark’s Cleanview is truly efficient and able to pick up all debris from your home.
Consumers like the fact so many different accessories are included and the suction power is so versatile. If you are looking for a lightweight, easy-to-use vacuum cleaner under $150 with plenty of attachments that make cleaning your home hassle-free, you should seriously consider buying this Shark vacuum.
- Lightweight and maneuverable
- Superior Cleaning with brushroll shutoff
- Large capacity bagless dust cup
- Never Lose Suction Technology
- Bottom Empty Dust Cup
The Shark NV105 is an inexpensive vacuum that suits for almost every users. Besides, it uses no loss suction technology and weighs only 10.6 pounds. So, it is an ideal vacuum for those who need to lift or carry their vacuum to clean their home.
Anker HomeVac Duo 2-in-1 Vacuum
Why you should buy it: With dusting brush and crevice nozzle, this is the most convenient dustbuster on the list.
Who's it for: Those who need something durable
Why we picked the Anker HomeVac: If you are looking for a handheld vacuum with a rechargeable bagless stick to easily clean your home, Anker HomeVac Duo 2-in-1 is a great choice.
Though the vacuum has no cord, the battery is durable and the charging process is fast. You will be able to thoroughly clean and vacuum your home with almost half an hour of constant suction power. The eco mode allows you to clean for up to 60 minutes on a single charge.
The vacuum comes with accessories like a charging cradle base, AC power adapter, dusting brush and a crevice nozzle which means you will be able to clean dirt and debris from every corner of your home.
The vacuum is highly maneuverable and ideal for light-duty cleanups.
If you’re in need of an affordable and easy to use cordless vacuum under $150, this one should be on your list.
- Versatile 2-in-1 Cordless Vacuum
- Cyclonic System
- Long-Lasting Li-ion Battery
- HEPA-Style Filter
- Washable dust collector
The Anker Homevac is a great combination of its functionality and good looks. It comes with rechargeable battery which works almost 1 hour in full suction power. So, this vacuum is a great addition in vacuum cleaner family in terms of affordability and usability.
Hoover T-Series UH70210PC Vacuum
Why you should buy it: Hoover leads the industry plans that charge no overages and offer more features.
Who's it for: Anyone with a limited budget.
Why we picked the Hoover UK70210PC: This appliance is corded but is still able to perfectly vacuum your home. The power cord is long enough to reach most heights and that is what many users point out as the most important quality of the vacuum.
Its distinguishing feature is that it includes a pet upholstery tool to remove pet hair from furniture and an air powered pet hand tool to easily dispose of pet hair from floors. It has even a crevice tool for tight spots.
With no bag, this upright vacuum will save you a lot of money over time with no need to buy replacements.
It has a folding handle which makes storage a snap and it’s ideal for small storage spaces.
The product is highly affordable and does an outstanding job of cleaning most surfaces.
- Easy-to-Clean Pet Attachments
- Cord Rewind with 25' Cord
- Intuitive Power Controls
- 25-Foot Power Cord
- Easy Belt Change System & Brushroll Access
- 5 Position Carpet Height Adjustment
- Folding Handle
- Light and easy to use
This is a perfect combination of affordability, power and versatile features. The vacuum has a high durability with good number of attachments. If you want to own a vacuum having a high suction power, style and dependability, this will be the best choice for you. It is one of the greatest upright vacuum on the market today.
Eye-Vac Home Touchless Vacuum
Why you should buy it: You won’t find a better vacuum cleaner at this performance or price point
Who's it for: Those who care about the design of a dustbuster.
Why we picked the Eye-Vac: This functional corded vacuum from Eye-Vac is one of the best home vacuum cleaners in its class, and it’s also affordable at under $100.
To simplify cleaning, it has dual settings which are “always on” automatic activation or manual mode.
It has impressive infrared sensors which activate the Eye-Vac automatically. Moreover, it has a sleek, compact design that fits seamlessly into your surrounding so you can clean with ease! This is a great vacuum cleaner for the home at a fantastic price.
- Dual HEPA filtration
- Dual settings
- Indicator light
- Touchless vacuum
- Infrared sensors to activate Eye Vac automatically
- Convenient and easy to use
Enjoy the ease of cleaning your home at your convenience and without much effort with the Eye-Vac touchless vacuum. For a lightweight, safe and reliable experience, the Eye-Vac merits its place on any shortlist for cheap vacuums that deliver.
How Do You Choose a Best Vacuum Cleaner under $100?
With so many brands of vacuums flooding the market, consumers face the challenge of finding the right machine.
Here are some tips to simplify the selection process:
- Determine Your Needs
Before visiting the home goods store, identify the core purpose of the cleaner. Are you buying a sweeper for home use or a coffee shop? Think very carefully about how and where you will use it before launching in and buying an inappropriate model.
- Dust Re-emission level
A vacuum cleaner that emits too much dust from the exhaust is unhealthy and counterproductive. Find a cleaner with a high retention rate, especially with the tiny specks of dust that come about from running the vacuum. Cleaners that score A on the emission scale are the best in situations where allergy to dust is prevalent
- High performance
you want a carpet cleaner that will leave your home spotless in the shortest possible time. A rated sweepers are the most efficient to use for hard floors and rugs delivering superior performance at low energy. Buying one may cost extra dollars, but you will save money in the long run.
- Noise level
You can rate the amount of noise emanating from a vacuum cleaner in decibels. Most vacuums range from 73-80 decibels but you can find an adequate one at around 60 decibels.
If you are shopping for a home cleaner, find one that registers the lowest possible decibel output.
- Vacuum accessories
Vacuum cleaners have a range of attachments to best perform different tasks. Some of these attachments are:
- Upholstery Tool - This part is broad and may have a lint-catching strip to help you when cleaning the sofa.
- Turbo brush - This brush has rotating bristles for deep cleaning of sofas and car interiors. Take care not to use this attachment on delicate silk.
- Crevice Tool - This is trim with an angled tip to help reach tight corners or the space between sofa cushions.
- Bare Floor Brush - This brush has short and stiff bristles that help remove grit from tiled or hardwood floors.
- Mattress Attachment - This part has extra pads and ample girth to help remove dust and other allergens from mattresses.
- Extension Wand - This tool helps you reach high spaces like the ceiling or the areas behind appliances like the stove.
- Types of vacuum cleaners
When it comes to home cleaning, there are various types of vacuum cleaners on the market.
Here’s a brief breakdown of these different styles of vacuum:
- Upright Vacuum: Uprights have an inbuilt revolving brush roll. These vacuums are ideal for cleaning rugs made of synthetic material like polyester. Some upright vacuums have two motors. One provides suction and the other turns the revolving brush. Other models have a single motor to perform both tasks together. If you have smooth floors in your house, you can still use an upright cleaner by simply turning off the agitator brush.
Related: The best upright vacuum you need to consider for 2017
- Robotic Cleaners: These machines have limited suction power and operate by collecting dust into a dustbin. When the battery is low, the device reports to the docking station for recharging. Some models can empty the dust containers into the dock station. Robotic cleaners are great for either home or commercial use.
- Wet or Dry Vacuums: You can use these sweepers to clean messes both indoors and outdoors. Some models have an exhaust port or detachable blower that reverses the airflow. This function helps to unclog hoses. Pneumatic wet/dry cleaners operate on compressed air and are suitable for cleaning wet and dry spills in industrial plants.
- Canister Vacuum: This type of sweeper enjoys a stellar reputation for delivering exceptional performance on carpets, smooth flooring and other surfaces such as counter tops. Canister vacuums make use of a hose and wand which make them easier to work with compared to uprights. Flexibility means that you can clean underneath furniture, smaller spaces, and staircases.
Related: Best Canister Vacuum 2017 and a Guide to Choosing One
- Backpack Cleaners: These are small canister vacuums strapped on the back to aid rapid movement over a large area. Backpack vacuums are suitable for commercial cleaning in offices, hospitals and schools.
- Handheld Vacuums: These cleaners are a smaller, more portable version of the regular sweeper. Handheld vacuums are easy to maneuver and can fit in little spaces like kitchen cabinets. However, handheld vacuums are obviously not great for cleaning large areas. Use this machine for quick on-the-spot cleaning such as removing pet hair from the sofa or cleaning up after play dates. You do not have to fetch the heavy vacuum from the pantry… A handheld will do the trick nicely.
While the weight of handled sweepers varies from model to model, handheld sweepers are typically lightweight. Cordless handheld vacuums come highly recommended as there is no chance of tripping over trailing leads. If you prefer a corded one, make sure that it’s long enough to cover the intended area.
- Bag Vs Bagless Vacuum
Consumers have the choice between a bagless cleaner and one that uses a dust bag.
Most bagless cleaners have filters to trap dust particles coming from the rug but sometimes there is leakage through non-filtered openings. After vacuuming, remove this filter and wash it in the sink to remove any trapped particles. Even though bagless cleaners perform well, they are not suitable where dust allergies are a concern
On the other hand, cleaners that use a separate dust bag to collect dust mitigate the release of allergens into the air thus maintaining a high quality of air. Dustbag sweepers are perfect for homes with children who are susceptible to allergies.
Regardless of the type of vacuum, always clean the entire system after use.
Floor type, storage, and affordability are all crucial when deciding on the best vacuum to buy. Canister vacuums are ideal for cleaning linoleum and hardwood floors as well as staircases in multilevel homes. You can also wash your car without the need for a handheld vacuum.
A canister is a great choice due to a winning combination of versatility and performance.You can find the best cheap canister vacuum for as little as $50. If your utility closet doubles as the coat closet, an upright vacuum is ideal due to its size.
Let us know if you have any questions. We’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.