Top 5 Best Dustbuster for Pet Hair | 2018 Reviews
According to National Pet Owners Survey, about 85 million families or 68% of U.S.A. households have
a pet. Pet's hair or dander often leaves germs in the air which can become harmful for health. The best dustbuster for pet hair is the best solution to get rid of pollutants or unwanted hair balls.
Related: Best Pool Cleaner Reviews
Let’s face it, we all love having pets in our home, but one of the biggest hassles we face on a daily base is cleaning their mess, especially their hair. Whether you are cleaning the pet hair on the floors, stairs, couches or furniture, it feels like an ending battle. For this reason, we have dedicated this page to assist you in selecting the best dustbuster for pet hair.
We've assembled a comparison chart of the top pet hair vacuums, made reviews and laid out a buying guide for animal owners to assist you find the best vacuum for pet hair suited to your needs.
- 1 Best Vacuum for Pet Hair Comparison Chart:
- 2 Top 5 Best Dustbusters Reviews:
- 3 Shark Rotator TruePet NV752 Review
- 4 BISSELL 9595A Vacuum (Corded) Review
- 5 BISSELL PowerEdge 81L2A Vacuum Review
- 6 Hoover Linx BH50010 Cordless Review
- 7 Dyson V6 Slim Vacuum Cleaner Review
- 8 Why You Need the Best Dustbuster for Pet Hair?
- 9 All About Best Dustbuster Selection
- 10 Final Verdict
Best Vacuum for Pet Hair Comparison Chart:
Here is a comparison chart of 5 best selling dustbusters for pet hair in 2017 with highest customer satisfaction.
13.2 x 11.9 x 45 inches
12.5 x 13.5 x 44
10.6 x 11.3 x 43.3
Hoover Linx BH50010
10.4 x 8 x 24.8
30 x 11 x 6.5 inches
Top 5 Best Dustbusters Reviews:
Shark Rotator TruePet NV752
Why you should buy it: The Shark NV752, when in for pet hair is one of the best performing vacuum cleaner on this list.
Who's it for: Those who don’t mind spending a little more penny for the best possible dustbuster.
Why we picked the Shark NV752: First up in our reviews of the best upright vacuum for pet hair is the Rotator NV752 by the mighty Shark. When it comes to vacuum cleaners, Shark is a brand you can trust. Their products might not be the cheapest but such quality comes at a price.
This vacuum is the ideal tool for the job if you have pets in your home and want to keep it as free as possible of unsightly hair.
If you have any asthma sufferers or anyone with other allergies in your home, you’re in safe hands with the Shark. Allergens are trapped thanks to the HEPA filter so you shouldn’t experience any irritation. The whole experience is improved further with Shark’s Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology.
The handle has brushroll fingertip controls built in. The dust capacity is pretty impressive. The bagless system accommodates just over 0.8 gallons. Coming in at around 15 pounds, it’s not light but it’s not as heavy as much of the competition either. The 7-year limited warranty means you can buy in confidence knowing that the manufacturer stands by their product.
You get plenty of accessories thrown in. From the standard crevice tool and dusting brush through the TruePet motorized brush and pet upholstery brush, you’ll have all bases covered. With a stretch hose 7 feet long and a 30-foot cord, maneuvering is made easy with the Rotator. The only snag is the need to manually retract the cord.
If you’ve got the money to spend and you want the best dustbuster for carpet and pet hair as well as the rest of your house, the Shark Rotator should be on every shortlist.
- HEPA filter great for those with allergies
- Bagless system for convenience and no clogging
- TruePet motorized brush attachment to zap all stray pet hair
- 3-in-1 (Upright, Lift-Away Pod, Canister and Caddy)
- Hard floor attachment for versatility
- Lengthy 30 foot cord
- Headlights great for cleaning dark areas
The not so good
If you want the power of an upright but the total versatility of a detachable canister, why compromise? Get the best of both worlds with the Shark Rotator NV752. Blitz your pet hair and keep your house sparkling clean.
BEST CORDED VACUUM
BISSELL 9595A Vacuum (Corded)
Why you should buy it: Being upright dustbuster, the Bissell 9595A vacuum works well both on carpet, upholstery and pet hair.
Who's it for: Those who want a lightweight design suitable for every possible uses.
Why we picked the Bissell 9595: Next up in our look at the best lightweight vacuum under $100 is the Bissell 9595A corded vacuum cleaner. This is a much more budget-friendly option than the Shark so if cash is tight and you still want a vacuum capable of getting rid of all your pet hair, take a good look at the Bissell.
The Cyclonic System delivers awesome suction. The OnePass technology helps you to really hammer the dirt first time round. This makes dealing with unwanted pet hair a walk in the park. It’s straightforward to empty the dirt tank. It opens from the bottom fuss-free.
With 1200 watts input, you won’t need to worry about using too much power while you clean. Electric bills are high enough anyway without needlessly adding to them.
With a washable foam filter, maintaining your Bissell is extremely simple. The half-gallon capacity is more than enough. It always pays to regularly empty your vacuum for best results anyway. The 2-year limited warranty could be better but at least you get peace of mind for a reasonable timeframe.
As well as a crevice tool, upholstery tool and extension wand, you’ll get plenty of other accessories including the very useful TurboBrush. This is great for stairs, upholstery and also lingering pet hairs.
Weighing in at 15 pounds just like the Rotator, this Bissell vacuum proves you can get the performance of a powerful upright while still having a lightweight unit. Anyone who is looking for a top quality vacuum under $100, the Bissell 9595A is a great choice.
- Incredibly cheap with no sacrifice on quality
- Powerful suction yet very lightweight for a canister
- Clean stairs, upholstery or furniture with nifty TurboBrush tool
- OnePass technology for thorough clean the first time
- Washable foam filter saves you money
- Excellent choice of attachments included
The not so good
High-end vacuums are expensive but it doesn’t have to be that way. If you want a no-nonsense corded upright that will make light work of any pet hair in your house, the Bissell 9595A is well worth checking out. It’s certainly among the best canister vacuums for pet hair on the market.
BISSELL PowerEdge 81L2A Vacuum
Why you should buy it: It’s cheap, lightweight, durable and works nearly as well as more expensive competition.
Who's it for: Those who want the cheapest, although still highly reliable, option available.
Why we picked the Bissell 81L2A: Another Bissell next with the 81L2A. To clear up any possible confusion, this is the same vacuum as the 81L2T. This model is a stick vacuum.
Read More: Bissell Powergroom Vacuum Review
Everyone has different needs when it comes to cleaning and for many, there’s little to beat the lightweight maneuverability of a stick vacuum. It weighs just a fraction over 7 pounds meaning you can clean around the whole house without straining yourself.
The design of this dustbuster means it can deal with larger debris or tiny particles without needing to resort to a brushroll. The wipers channel the bigger stuff into the suction path in the center. The arms take care of the finer particles.
This V-shape is also very handy when it comes to cleaning in tight spots like baseboards or under the legs of your furniture. Sometimes, design seems to cater for aesthetics over functionality but with the Bissell you get the best of both worlds. Form is useless without function.
This stick vacuum is perfect for pet owners. You won’t need to mess around with any attachments and you can blast up hair and any pet litter or food that spills out with the powerful suction of the stick. With a swivel head, bagless technology to save you money in the long run and the ability to deal with all your pet hair and mess, the Bissell PowerEdge is ideal for those looking for the best cheap stick dustbuster capable of cleaning the whole house without any trouble.
- Extremely light at 7 pounds so clean anywhere with ease
- V-shaped base clears large and small debris with no brushroll
- Sucks up pet hair directly without need for attachments
- Decent dirt capacity for a compact vacuum
- Highly maneuverable and great for cleaning tight spaces
- Dirt cup very simple to empty
- 20 foot power cord
The not so good
Are you after an ultra-lightweight vacuum that will not let you down when it comes to cleaning up after your pets? The Bissell PowerEdge gives you a great deal of performance for very little money.
Hoover Linx BH50010 Cordless
Why you should buy it: The Hoover BH50010 not only has excellent attachments, but is equally efficient at cleaning pet hair and rugs, carpets or bare floor.
Who's it for: Those who are looking for serious value in a no-fuss dustbuster for pet hair
Why we picked the Hoover BH50010: The highly reputable Hoover features next on our list and again it’s a stick. Hoover is a legend in the industry but, over the past couple of decades, their market share has continually eroded. New players like Dyson have entered the fray and widened options for consumers.
Unlike the Bissell, the Hoover BH50010 is powered by a potent 18V battery. You can carry the 10 pound vacuum anywhere you need to clean without being tethered to a power socket. Monitoring how much juice is left in this Lithium-Ion battery is a doddle thanks to the fuel gauge on the handle.
The downside of this battery is that you’ll only get 15-20 minutes of cleaning from it which is less than ideal. You can charge it up again in 3 hours or so. Cleaning large spaces will have to be staggered. When you are cleaning up, you won’t notice the power starting to cut out or fade until the battery hits 10% so you can clean seamlessly in short bursts.
This Hoover Linx dustbuster is particularly versatile. You can use it with ease on bare floors, rugs or thin carpeting so whatever surfaces you have at home, the Linx will help you maintain them impeccably. So, we have rated it as the best cordless stick vacuum for hardwood floors or bare floors.
When it comes to cleaning the vacuum, the head pops off at the push of a button. It’s just as important to keep your equipment clean as it is your house. Throw in a washable filter and maintenance is kept to an absolute minimum.
- Cord-free convenience with powerful 18V Lithium-Ion battery
- Brand heritage at a reasonable price point
- Extremely quiet recording only 75 decibels when in use
- Head can be removed for easy cleaning
- Extremely lightweight at 7 pounds
- Perfect for hard floors, rugs and low pile carpets
The not so good
Do you want an inexpensive stick dustbuster still capable of zapping up the mess left by your pets? If so, the Hoover Linx BH50010 deserves a place on your shortlist.
Dyson V6 Slim Vacuum Cleaner
Why you should buy it: It offers excellent suction power and every feature you could want
Who's it for: Anyone who places a premium on top-notch canister vacuum cleaner
Why we picked the Dyson V6: No list of the best canister vacuums for pet hair would be complete without a model from the mighty Dyson. In the vacuum cleaning industry, Dyson have a well-deserved reputation for constant innovation. Their bleeding-edge products might be costly but represent superb overall value for money.
If you are hunting for lightweight vacuum for pet, you have more options than simply a canister. This V6 Slim dustbuster is another great stick vacuum that gives you much of the power of an upright without the excessive bulk to lug around.
The Dyson really comes into its own on hard floors. If your home has expanses of attractive wood, you’ll want to keep it looking slick. Whether it’s large clumps of pet hair or tiny fine particles, the powerful suction restores your flooring to its former glory in no time. The direct-drive bristled head will also help you out with carpets.
You’ll be able to vacuum for 20 minutes straight before needing a 3.5-hour charge. These figures are pretty standard for cordless stick vacuums. While it might not seem like a long run time, ask yourself how often you clean up for more than 20 minutes without stopping…
To harness the superb handheld mode, you simply detach the wand and you’re ready to clean your car, garage or anywhere else that’s hard to reach with a standard vacuum. The wand is wonderfully balanced. The center of gravity is near the grip. This comes fully to the fore when you’re trying to reach up high and clean awkward spots.
One significant drawback is the need to hold down the power button continuously when you are vacuuming. While this is a natural movement, it seems a very poor idea from a company championing technology. If you are looking for an awesome stick vacuum that rivals the power of even the best canister vacuum for pet hair without the inconvenience of a larger, corded unit, you can’t go far wrong with the Dyson V6 Slim vacuum cleaner.
- Fantastic suction copes with all pet hair and messes perfectly
- 2-year limited warranty for peace of mind
- 2 power settings to help with tough jobs
- Eye-catching purple and pink design
- Cordless operation for complete freedom
- Balanced wand helps you clean high places without a hitch
The not so good
If you think Dyson when you think vacuum cleaner, this Motor Head V6 could be the best stick vacuum you’ll ever use. The perfect combination of design, raw power and versatility, this corded stick is a cut above the rest. If your budget will stretch to it, you won’t be disappointed.
Why You Need the Best Dustbuster for Pet Hair?
According to Pet Vacuum Lab, one of the greatest benefits of having a high-end pet dustbuster is that you will have a light machine, which is easy to move around while cleaning the entire pet’s mess in the house.
A good dustbuster should be easy to carry or maneuver around the house. This is essential if you have a flight of stairs. Additionally, a canister vac makes it easy to clean the difficult to reach areas.
All About Best Dustbuster Selection
When shopping around for the best commercial vacuum cleaner for pet hair, many clients are overwhelmed by the number of the vacuum canisters available on the market and their features. It is difficult for you enter a store, compare the features of 10 different models and then purchase the vac that is perfect for your needs.
To help you make a sound decision, we have listed some considerations you have to make while purchasing the best affordable dustbuster for pet hair.
- The suction power: The first indicator of a best-performing vac is the suction power. Normally we calculate the suction power regarding watts. This means the higher the motor power, the higher the suction power.
- Filtration system: The filtration system differs from one canister to the other. Each manufacturer makes use of their own filtration system. These filters are excellent in eliminating allergens, dust, pollen and other kinds of allergens and extremely important especially if you suffer from allergies or asthma.
- Weight and the cord length: A lightweight dustbuster is the most preferred as it is easy to carry around. Selecting a light model is imperative especially if you want to clean above floor areas such as the ceiling fans, curtains or staircase. This will depend on the setting of your house.
- Noise level: Although no canister vacuum produces deafening noise, some models are quieter that the others. Selecting a silent canister is crucial especially if you do the cleaning at night.
However, it is important to ensure that the canister is not only quiet but also have good suction. A silent canister vacuum has the noise level in between 60 to 65 decibels while the loud cleaners have 80 or more decibels.
- On board attachments or tools: It is easy to find all-purpose canisters that come with various attachments such as the upholstery nozzle, floor brush, crevice tool, dusting brush, aluminum telescopic wand, pet hair air turbine and much more.
A best buy vacuum cleaner with attachments is great especially if your house has very many different types of surface. Additionally, this model is cost-efficient, as you do not have to purchase the tools separately.
- Quality and performance: Another important consideration you have to make is the quality of the product. When we talk about the quality we are talking about things such as the power delivered by the motor, the suction, the filtration system used, and of course the materials for construction.
- Price: When starting to look for nay price, most of us are concerned about the price. Today there are very many vacuums available on the market with each model having a different cost. This makes very easy for you to select a model that meets your budget.
However, it does not necessarily mean that the cheap products are constructed using low-quality materials while the most expensive will give you the best service.
We hope you’ve found this look at the best value dustbuster useful and that it makes your buying decision easier. Don’t forget to consider stick vacuums too. These can be surprisingly effective when it comes to clearing up after pets and have many advantages in terms of portability and maneuverability.
Just make sure you honestly analyze your cleaning needs, budget and the size of your house, take your time to read through the above options and buying the best vacuum for pet hair is really not such a difficult task.
Do you have any questions at all? If so, please drop us a line and we’ll get back to you as soon as we are able.
Please feel free also to comment or to share this article on your social media if you found it informative.