Our buying guide will give you right direction to choose the best suction pool vacuum and what to look for when you find it. Swimming is the fourth most-popular activity or sport in U.S.A. So, it is very important to keep clean the swimming pool all over the year (Stat. – Census Bureau, USA).
Using a pool with a ton of dirt and debris isn’t a great idea. As a matter of fact, it is one of the most horrible and repulsive realities (bound to seriously reduce your fun) you’re ever face as a swimming pool owner or as a person who is looking to clean a pool.
To make matters worse, pinning down the best pool vacuum cleaner isn’t exactly easy – pool maintenance being an art and a science with a ton of varying and completely different options, all with equally varying degrees of efficiency, ease of operation and all suited for different scenarios.
Having maintained a swimming pool for several years (primarily via robotic pool cleaners, automatic pressure cleaners, automatic suction cleaner – and an array of other methods), we have decided to compile the best pool cleaner reviews consumer reports to help you with your general pool maintenance and importantly, assist you in the all-important task of keeping both dirt and leaves out of your precious super pool.
Shall we proceed?
Best Pool Vacuum Cleaner Comparison Chart:
Top 5 Best Pool Cleaners Reviews:
We have compiled and researched the market to find the best selling automatic pool cleaner in amazon. Hope, our reviews will help the customers in choosing the best affordable pool vacuum.
Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner Review Model #99996323
Why you should buy it: Brilliant design, strong suction power and a great price
Who’s it for: Anyone who wants to crunch the best pool vacuum out of each and every dollar.
Why we picked the Dolphin Nautilus: If you’re looking for the best robotic pool cleaner in order to get a crystal clear; dirt free and super sparkling swimming pool, it is difficult to get any option better than the Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner.
Armed with a swivel handle, the Dolphin robot vacuum cleans pool floors, tackles coves and brilliantly ensures that the walls of your pool are also properly taken care of ensuring both a dirt, debris and leaf free experience.
Being super lightweight and very easy to operate and maneuver, the Dolphin Nautilus vacuum brilliantly tackles and handles in-ground residential pools (up to 50ft in length).
However, the greatest beauty of this best inground pool vacuum cleaner is its unique ability to lend itself for use without much fuss – ensuring a classic plug and play operation, which dispenses of any pre-installation.
This reality makes the Dolphin Nautilus automatic pool vacuum amateur/beginner friendly as well as a delight for seasoned users and astute professionals.
Wouldn’t you agree?
- Unique ability to clean pool floor, cove and walls, all at once.
- Professionally cleans pools as long as 50ft.
- Lightweight and super easy to carry around.
- Great price point for the amazing features.
- Super-fast operation: scrubbing, vacuuming and filtering takes just 3 (three) hours or less.
- Plug-n-play; no pre-installation necessary.
- Self-programmed for optimal pool scanning.
The not so good
Click Here To See More Customer Reviews
The Dolphin pool cleaner is capable to scrub, filter and vacuum all types of pool surfaces within 3 hours. Moreover, the vacuum is self-programmed for minimal pool scanning.
Getting an alternative to the Dolphin Nautilus Automatic Pool Vacuum Cleaner (with all the features of the Nautilus – and at the same price point) is almost next to impossible. If you are interested in awesome swimming pool maintenance (using a inground robotic pool sweeper); you cannot go wrong with this brand/model.
BEST FOR SIMPLICITY
Solar Breeze NX Automatic Pool Skimmer Review
Why you should buy it: If you want an equal balance of power and maneuverability
Who’s it for: Smart and environment concerned folk with a great love for pool cleaning
Why we picked the Solar Breeze: If you get decent amount of sunshine where your pool is sited, there is no reason why you should bother with any other type of automatic pool cleaner for large debris.
The best option for you is a solar powered swimming pool cleaner that will brilliantly deploy sun rays and do the dirty job of pool cleaning for you while you save both the earth and some dollars on energy bills in the process. This is the exact reality that the Solar Breeze NX Automatic Pool Skimmer makes possible.
Using ordinary and completely free sun rays, the Solar-Breeze NX removes foreign particles and debris from the surface of the pool before they sink to the bottom.
These ‘foreign materials’ that it tackles includes small leaves, pollen, dust and suntan oils before it sinks right to the bottom to cause serious problems (and disgust) for pool users and owners alike.
This means that, this solar powered automatic pool cleaner actually sees to it that you save yourself from hand skimming to remove debris before you jump in the pool and relish the moment in the hospitable water.
The awesome action above ensures that, bacteria growth in the pool is curtailed and by extension, lowers pool pump usage – both actions which are very important to you as a pool owner and supremely important to the continual ‘good health’ of both your body and pocket.
- Solar powered; this means easy, all round the clock operation (independent of the activities of the grid) and an overall lower energy bill.
- Smart – automatic debris removal which ensures more time for fun, less time for work!
- Savings on energy bills (as public power is no longer channeled to pool maintenance).
- 100% ozone friendly; this is achieved by reducing the carbon footprint associated with running your pool filtration system.
The not so good
Click Here To See More Customer Reviews
As Solar Breeze Vacuum reduces pool pump usage, it also reduces the carbon footprint related to pool filtration system.
The process of maintaining a swimming pool filtration system is an expensive one, especially when the cost of power is factored. Fortunately, the energy cost has been drastically reduced for your pool via an option that is already freely available to us all: the sun.Wouldn’t you rather go solar and save both your pocket and the earth in the process?
Baracuda Automatic Pool Cleaner Review Model #G3 W03000
Why you should buy it: Supreme suction power, durable design and shocking affordability
Who’s it for: Anyone who wants the best pool cleaner money can buy — especially automatic vacuum
Why we picked Baracuda Pool Cleaner: Engineered with only one (1) movable part and programmed to operate in a super simple fashion, oozing out all the power necessary to clean even the dirtiest pool – with whatever pump available, the Baracuda G3 automatic pool cleaner is quite easily the best suction pool cleaner ever manufactured in the history of swimming pool cleaning.
Programmed to be super quiet and very efficient, this best selling suction pool cleaner devours small and medium-sized debris and cleans floors, walls and steps of your entire swimming pool.
Its thoroughness is inspired by a wheel deflector that enhances movement around tight corners while its 36-Fin Disc increases adhesion to pool surface and avoids getting hung –up on lights, drains covers, fittings and other pool features.
As a matter of fact, the entire suction swimming pool cleaner is an engineering attempt that is difficult to beat especially when other super awesome features like its very easy installation, patented quick release cassette that provides a simplified routine maintenance.
More importantly, its extra durable, extremely long life diaphragm with reliable, only one moving part technology.
- Super easy installation.
- Very durable long life diaphragm with only one moving part (to ensure durability and longevity).
- Quick release cassette that inspires simplified routine maintenance.
- Quiet and very powerful suction cleaner that works excellently with low speed pumps.
- An awesome wheel deflector for movement around tight corners.
- Brilliantly eliminates scruffs on all pool surfaces.
The not so good
Click Here To See More Customer Reviews
The Baracuda vacuum has 36-FIn Disc which increases adhesion to pool surface and avoids making hung-up on lights, fittings, drain covers and other accessories.
If you are shopping for the best above ground automatic pool vacuum cleaner, you need not look further at all; the Baracuda G3 W03000 advanced suction side automatic pool cleaner is your one stop choice. It is quite simple to use and maintain but on the other hand, it is also quite sophisticated to get the dirty job of pool cleaning and swimming pool maintenance done in a fashion that leaves nothing more to be desired.Wouldn’t you rather opt for such a clearly smart and entirely progressive option?
BEST BUDGET FRIENDLY
Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner Review
Why you should buy it: A sweet mix of design, performance and durability
Who’s it for: The discerning folk who craves for quality, but hasn’t found that corner place
Why we picked Polaris Vac-Sweep: Powered by double jets and capable of cleaning an Olympic sized pool in a mere 3 (three) hours or less, Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 is the best pressure pool cleaner that is capable of working in an all in-ground pool of any size and shape.
When in action, this inground pool cleaner works as an awesome, swimming pool maintenance tool by sweeping, scrubbing and vacuuming the bottom and walls of your swimming pool.
With the equipped single chamber filter bag for capturing larger debris and the unique filter bag which removes debris before it reaches your pump basket or filter, this automatic pressure cleaner is not a pool vacuum cleaner to take lightly or attempt to underrate.
Its thoroughness and sophistication has accordingly, endeared it to the enviable position of the best automatic pressure pool cleaner.
Accordingly thus, it is the sole conviction of the present reviewers (backed up with practical use and conviction from other real users) that there is no other model of a pressure pool cleaner that delivers value for money better than the Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner.
- Double jets that ensure fast cleaning in 3 (three) hours or less.
- Functions and serves well in all in-ground pools of any size or shape.
- Unique filter bag that removes debris before it reaches your pump basket or filter.
- Single chamber bag feature (for capturing larger debris such as large leaves and stones).
- Ability to run off a (separate) booster pump.
- Rugged and extremely compact design.
The not so good
Click Here To See More Customer Reviews
The Polaris Vac-Sweep pool cleaner requires a separate booster pump which is available separately with the model.
It is also difficult to see any model of automatic pressure pool cleaner that features a single chamber bag for capturing large debris or a unique filter bag that removes debris before it reaches your pump basket or filter…again, the Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 Pressure Side Pool Cleaner features these awesome specification.We are thus 100% certain that if you have cause to use this best selling inground pool vacuum cleaner, you’ll completely agree with us.
Polaris F9350 Sport Robotic In Ground Pool Cleaner Review
Why you should buy it: A blazing blend of design, good looks, high performance and features galore.
Who’s it for: People who want total autonomy without sacrificing quality.
Why we picked Polaris F9350: The Polaris F9350 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner is a clearly inspirational and completely progressive 2 (two) wheel drive robotic cleaner that is both a joy and a wonder to watch and own.
Manufactured and engineered with an activMotion sensor that provides for an unmatchable navigation (even in larger and free form pools), the Polaris 9350 does an awesome and super impressive job when it comes to cleaning pool bottoms, scrubbing and vacuuming.
Its Aqua-Trax tires are awesome when it comes to navigating all manner of pool surfaces.
This means that, no matter the bottom finishing of a pool or its coating, the Aqua-Trax tires of the Polaris 9350 Robotic Pool Cleaner navigates itself to the dirt and does the often unsavory job of getting a pool super clean and fresh again.
In terms of pool maintenance thus, it is quite difficult and exceptionally unwise to relegate the 9350 to the background, especially when it is understood that it also sports a rear water propulsion system.
The vacuum aids navigation to tighter corners and ‘difficult to reach areas’ that less impressive and poorly engineered pool cleaners fail to access and accordingly, leave dirty (even after a seemingly thorough cleaning job).
If you’re interested to buy a best kind of robotic pool vacuum, wouldn’t you rather go with the Polaris F9350 In-Ground Pool Cleaner?
- checkAqua-Trax tires that work great for all pool surfaces and coatings.
- checkRear water propulsion system that allows the 9350 cleaner to reach (otherwise) difficult to access areas.
- checkHeavy gauge, powder coated alloy caddy for storage and transport.
- checkActivMotion sensor technology for unmatchable navigation even in larger and free form pools.
- checkAbility of pick up larger debris while maintaining maximum suction even under stairs and in tight corners.
The not so good
Click Here To See More Customer Reviews
The Polaris 9350 uses Vortex vacuum technology which allows the cleaner to catch large debris for making maximum suction.
Sport robotic pool cleaners are always a novel and complete joy to both own and operate. However, nothing compares to the thrill, excitement and joy of using a Polaris F9350 Sport Robotic In-Ground Pool Cleaner to clean and vacuum your pool. The experience is simply out of this world. If in doubt, simply give one a trial and things, you are assured, you will certainly look forward to the business of pool cleaning during the weekends and even weekdays!
What are the Benefits of Buying Best Automatic Pool Cleaner?
More than 80% of the traditional activities that constitute the maintenance of a swimming pool are automatic swimming pool related to direct pool cleaning. This is very important and particularly expedient because, debris and other organic matter always find themselves in a swimming pool, making it highly unhygienic.
The first instinct, in such an instance, is to manually fix things by attempting to clean the pool without any mechanical aid.
While this instinct is usually the very first to present itself in the sad event of a dirty and unhygienic pool, there are several reasons why it does not make sense and why you should not attempt to manually clean your swimming pool:
- Cleaning a pool manually takes time; one could spend the whole day with a small pool and still not make any reasonable progress.
- Manual cleaning of a pool can be messy. There is no way you can manually clean your swimming pool and still look decent.
- Algae, spirogyra and other fungi that always inhabit the stairs and bottom of swimming pool makes it exceedingly dangerous to clean a pool manually, especially for persons who are without experience or those who are advanced in age. The risk of an accident is simply too much.
- Manual pool cleaning takes out the fun that is the hallmark of ‘pool life’. If you clean a pool manually, you’d rather not bother with using it again. This defeats the whole essence of pool cleaning in the first place.
- Finally, removing dirt and debris from pool manually is completely inferior to deploying mechanized pool cleaners to achieve the same task. Accordingly thus, a pool that has been ‘machine cleaned’ will certainly look neater and its waters fresher/clearer than a pool that is constantly cleaned up in a manual fashion.
You can thus see that, while cleaning your pool manually is an option, it is a very poor option that you should not attempt even when you are cornered or appear to have no other option left open for you. If you need to get your swimming pool clean, there is (and will remain) only one (1) option: getting an efficient, mechanized pool cleaner. luckily, the cost of a unit does not require that you break the bank in order to achieve this simply but exceedingly efficient goal.
Can We Use In-Floor Pool Cleaning Options?
There is another pool cleaning option that you should be aware of – the in-floor pool cleaning system. Here, nearly invisible cleaning jets are installed permanently in the swimming pool. These jets perform the dirty job of swimming pool maintenance. This technology is truly wonderful and impressive.
However, an in-floor swimming pool cleaner is very expensive (to install) and is certain to set users back by several thousands of dollars. Aside setting users back several thousands of dollars, an in-floor swimming pool cleaner presents a difficult to handle or manage situation when it eventually gets bad or actually needs fixing.
It is thus truly presents a delicate situation. Accordingly thus, for the plethora of pool owners, the in-floor pool cleaning option is simply not an option of pool maintenance – a reality which leaves the various pool cleaners as the only viable option there is for anyone to opt into.
Don’t you agree?
What is the Best Pool Vacuum to Buy?
With the various pool vacuums featured, reviewed and discussed here, it is quite possible how to choose right pool vacuum cleaner to become slightly confused as to which of the robotic vacuum cleaner is best for your swimming pool. This slight confusion is understood, completely.
To thus make it easier for you and to aid the selection process, here is a quick summary and guide to help you make the right choice – a choice that will serve you awesomely in the years to come:
- Robotic Pool Cleaners: Robotic pools cleaners are perfect when you have a medium sized pool and need to carry out scrubbing, vacuuming and filtering out of a pool’s bottom and walls.A robotic swimming pool cleaner is ideal and perfect for such a task especially if you are practically short on time and would appreciate a quick and smart job, all delivered within a reasonable time so that you can extend your pool time and actually enjoy your pool, thoroughly.Advantages:
- Highest efficiency for cleaning small particles and large debris
- It has the capability to scrub pool walls and tile floors.
- Robotic pool sweeper helps to circulate pool water so that the chemicals can spread all over the pool water.
- Requires less maintenance than any other pool sweepers
- Less chemicals needed when we use robotic pool vacuum for cleaning
- The water remains cleaner for long time
- Environmental friendly and energy efficient
- Don’t filter water when cleaning
- Most expensive
- Mobility is limited because of electrical cord
- Built in filter and pump needs to be maintained regularly for high quality performance
- Solar Swimming Pool Cleaner: A solar swimming pool cleaner is the best pool cleaner for your swimming pool if you are bothered about your electricity bills and you (also, on the other hand) have a ton of sunshine available.Naturally, the business of pool cleaning is one that is electricity consuming; accordingly, saving power (and money) on pool maintenance (by means of solar energy) is certainly a smart option that you should consider if you live in the tropics or have any decent amount of sunshine where you live or where your swimming pool is located.Again, aside saving power and money with a solar swimming pool cleaner, you also save our dear earth in the process and ultimate reduce your overall carbon footprint.
- Suction Pool Cleaner: The suction pool cleaner is programmed to be paired with a pump and is actually meant to clean the deep dark green pools with an impressive amount of hard to reach areas. As its name implies, this maintenance gadget brilliantly does an awesome job of practically sucking away all dirt in a pool – and within record time, provided it is powered properly and left to do its work.
- Automatic Pressure Pool Cleaner: An automatic pressure pool cleaner works best in an environment where a swimming pool has a plethora of debris and is larger than the regular size.Accordingly, swimming pools that are ‘king – sized’ or ‘Olympic sized’ and also have an unusually large amount of sizable debris would be best cleaned with an automatic pressure pool cleaner, especially when time is of the essence and results are desired faster.
- Sport Robotic Pool Cleaners: The sport robotic pool cleaners are essentially the same with the (ordinary) robotic pool cleaners. However, they are clearly distinguished by their added features, enhanced looks and increased ability to perform the tasks of the regular robotic pool cleaners better. Check out best robot vacuum cleaner reviews if you don’t know how to find the right one for you.Accordingly, special tires (like the Aqua-Trax variant) are used on some of the best pool cleaners of the sport robotic family to ease operation, irrespective of any pool walls or bottom. This means one thing: a hybrid reality that can well clean across different pool types without any single challenge!
Additional Features to Consider Before Buying Your Best Portable Pool Cleaner
- Adjustable Hose: Your high quality pool vacuum cleaner should have adjustable hose so that it can be capable of cleaning pools of various sizes an shapes by simply adjusting its hose. Moreover, some pool sweepers have a defector and so, it has less possibility of getting stuck in one place.
- Hose length: We always recommend to buy a pool cleaner which has a good hose length so that it can go to the bottom of the pool and scrub everything. So, try to choose a vacuum cleaner which has at least one or two meter extra lengthy hose than your pool cleaner.
- Navigation: This feature will make your cleaning job more easier. There are some pool vacuums in the market which can navigate steps. So, if you can buy one of them, it will be the best pool vacuum investment of the year.
- Certifications: You may need to mix water and electricity for some kinds of vacuum. In this case, they need to ensure that the vacuums are going to be safe. There are various kinds of certifications (CE, UL, ETK, CSA) and they are generally differed by regions. So, ensure that the device has been certified for your region. Some vacuums may show multiple certifications which identify that safety is important.
- Mobility: It is very important to know how well the pool sweeper handles and turns. Soft turns with good mapping are always preferable because they clean corners more sharply and avoid the chance of cable tangle superbly.
Common Pool Vacuum Maintenance Mistakes to Avoid
- Never Rinsing the Filter: If you don’t rinse your pool filter after every use, you won’t get your money worth. This is because the sweeper will lose suction and cleaning capability when the filters are backed up. So, if you want longer effectiveness of your pool sweeper, you need to rinse it every now and then.
- Variable Power Supply: Installation of pool sweeper is very important and you need to be careful when you run them. We all know that different country has different electrical system. Generally, this problem arises, when someone purchases the cleaner internationally which has variable power supply.
- Forgetting Other Pool Care: If you don’t maintain your pool, you can’t make it germ free by just using a top-notch pool sweeper. Chemical balance, temperature and run times are all set as recommended. Improper balance will create green algae in the pool and if this happens, it will add more expenses to your budget.
Here you are…Which is your Best Pool Cleaner for 2017?
When choosing the best pool vacuum to buy, keep in mind to find such one which is compatible with your pool size, shape, surface materials and electrical system. Research will be your best friend in this case and this buying guide is poised to present to you, the dear reader, and the very best pool cleaners for 2017, whatever the type or variant you may personally prefer or is best suited for your own reality.
The ultimate choice is your – and we sincerely hope you buy the best option that will brilliantly serve you in the years to come.